Dietary supplements?

Options
Hey so I was wondering if anybody had success with any supplements. Particularly cla, glucomannan, and apple cider vinegar. But I'd love to hear about others!
Not sure if this is the right forum so sorry if it isnt just point me in the right direction.

Replies

• rachellerma808
    rachellerma808 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use Garcinia it really helps me with my appetite and my sweet tooth. In my personal experience it's awesome!
  • victoriabair
    victoriabair Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ohh cool. I read about glucomannan and how it is a fiber that expands and makes you fuller . Im kinda wanting to try thay but im not sure yet
  • altairego21
    altairego21 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i take a teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar and that helps aide my digestion while boost my metabolism.
  • paigele
    paigele Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Krill oil or fish oil (if you aren't a big eater of salmon) are good for the heart and help with good cholesterol levels. Some research also has said coconut oil also is good for cholesterol, and it can be interesting to find ways to get bits of it into your diet. I like using 1/2 tsp coconut oil on each slice of a healthy bread before I toast it (1/4 tsp on each side.) It smells sweet and tastes great. Biotin also can be beneficial for skin, hair and nails and probiotics for gut health. Pretty much everything else probably you are getting in enough amounts from a balanced diet.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Ohh cool. I read about glucomannan and how it is a fiber that expands and makes you fuller. Im kinda wanting to try thay but im not sure yet

Are you hungry, as in not just normal hungry before meals, but constantly unable to focus because you're dizzy, weak, irritable? If so, you're either eating too little or too poorly. More fiber will do nothing about that. If you aren't hungry but just want something nice to eat, more fiber will do nothing about that either. Save your money and address the real problem (if there really is a problem and not just an idea planted in your head by clever marketers).
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    None of the supplements you listed, have a direct effect on weight loss.

Eat less, move more or do both to create a calorie deficit.
  • victoriabair
    victoriabair Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well it expands when its mixed with water so thats why i was curious about the fiber
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Well it expands when its mixed with water so thats why i was curious about the fiber

If you're asking about glucomannan, it's an ingredient in foods. For example, you could eat shirataki noodles and be getting a lot of it. Glucomannan flour and powder are also used as thickeners. Because it has almost no calories, eating foods with glucomannan as an ingredient are likely to be lower in calories and could help you lose weight.
  • lady_ghost
    lady_ghost Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hey so I was wondering if anybody had success with any supplements. Particularly cla, glucomannan, and apple cider vinegar. But I'd love to hear about others!
    Not sure if this is the right forum so sorry if it isnt just point me in the right direction.

Maca root powder is amazing for women. Balances out hormones and changes your body composition to be more balanced. I have ore energy started getting my periods again, sex drive is crazy, hormonal acne gone. Facial hair and body hair reduced slightly. It took maybe 4-5 months to see results. I'm finally loosing my muffin top that I've had all my life even when skinny. I would recommend it more than anything!
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Ocean front property in Arizona...
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    ^^ What's the fun in that?
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    lady_ghost wrote: »
    Maca root powder is amazing for women. Balances out hormones and changes your body composition to be more balanced.

What? *cracks up laughing* Can't wait to hear the woo behind this one...
  • SheenaBO
    SheenaBO Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Reductil was the first thing that worked for me. It really helped taking my hunger away while I was on them. I lost 16 kg in a very short time. Unfortunately, I gained 18 kg during both of my pregnancies, I feel so huge at the moment :( I am considering using Reductil again. I'll place an order for 30 units with my trusted source meridiareductil.com...and see how it goes this time.