• LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    HyeKarma wrote: »
    HyeKarma wrote: »
    You have only a couple posts and know it is quiet here? Hmmmm.
    Anyway..... it is quiet because it is a No Fun Zone and who wants that?

Not me.........
    Partys at your house! :D See you in 10 minutes!
    Just kidden. :#

MFP party at my house! That would be one epic party and most of us may not be able to face each other the next day.

Could I eat as many appetizers as I wanted?
    I'm going to bring a 3 tiered silver platter of Ethel M Chocolate. :)

We will eat all of the foods! And those who drink can drink all of the booze and we won't log anything!

Yay!!!!!!!!! :D
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    The group dynamic has changed. There seemed to be amusing, lighthearted things to read not too long ago. Funny conversations and the like. Entertaining for lurkers and those people brave enough to participate. I think that many of those posters are gone. I don't think it is from New Year's Eve resolutions gone bad. I think there was some sort of movement to flag them as a poster mentioned above and ban them though I don't know why. Such a shame too, this part of the site has lost its luster. Not much to lurk and read lately of entertainment value in chat area. Back to word games.

This happens every year to veterans as well. Noobs think we're mean and flag posts, etc...there's always mass turnover this time of year. A lot of long term members also just burnout and leave

The whole forum is relatively slow right now...
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    tjiddy wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    We've officially reached that point in the year when most New Years resolutionists have fallen by the wayside. There will be a small influx in late April and into May as everyone will be wanting to lose a gazillion pounds by June 1.

That's a knowledgeable veteran comment right there. 100% truth

YES!!! it also means the gyms will be clearing out!! more room for those of use sticking around!
    We hit 60 degrees and the gym was dead tonight.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Because all the cool kids got sent to juvi and the ones who didn't grew bored with the uninteresting threads.

But you are still free. and you are pretty fabalicious. What did you end up putting on that dating profile write up?
  • JukeboxHeroine
    JukeboxHeroine Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    It has slowed down a lot. Almost one year here for me.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    This is actually my second account. I had my first one for years. On my last birthday I decided to create a new one. I never visited the groups or forums before I created this account. But I do like coming here. Get's my mind off the stress my boss puts on me (which is why you typically only see me post during the working hours).
  • Dyl1789
    Dyl1789 Posts: 2,933 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, I'm the same, get on mfp as a distraction!!!
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    The group dynamic has changed. There seemed to be amusing, lighthearted things to read not too long ago. Funny conversations and the like. Entertaining for lurkers and those people brave enough to participate. I think that many of those posters are gone. I don't think it is from New Year's Eve resolutions gone bad. I think there was some sort of movement to flag them as a poster mentioned above and ban them though I don't know why. Such a shame too, this part of the site has lost its luster. Not much to lurk and read lately of entertainment value in chat area. Back to word games.

We'll find out in a couple of months if it's typical drop-off or a change in culture. For me, I've just moved my freak to Reddit, 'cause it is tiring to question yourself before you post all the time.

*looks up, waits for lightning strike*
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Its not quiet anymore. :#
    Why?
    I'm starting a Quiet Riot! :p
    https://youtu.be/O_1ruZWJigo
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    Start another "Where's Everyone From?" Thread, that always gets a response!
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Introverts: ASSEMBLE!

-ish
  • Taylor076097
    Taylor076097 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    personally- i think a lot of new folks just take a while to really discover the forums and/or lurk for the longest time before they ever get comfy enough to start engaging. lot of newbies floating around still learning to fit in since the new year. we're all a little mad here, and it can be imposing.

I'm pretty sure everyone scared me a bit when I first got here ..