why am i suddenly a bottomless pit?!

Options
so i've been working on losing weight now that i'm 8 months post partem and i've been doing pretty well (lost 15lbs so far, i was at 240lbs). these past few days i've just been an absolute bottomless pit! why is it suddenly i feel like i'm not being satisfied by anything i eat? i don't really do artifical sweetners unless it's stevia, and even then, only in coffee really.
could it have something to do with having more fibre in my diet now?
my food journal is public so you can check it out... today was a bad day lol

Replies

• Badunkadunk_Buster
    Badunkadunk_Buster Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am the same way for a couple days during ovulation, then for a couple more days right before my period starts. Very hard day's for me so if I'm struggling I eat more and just try to stay somewhere under maintenance. Good luck to you!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? Are you still breastfeeding?
  • eggdev
    eggdev Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Your body went as long as it could - undernourished.
    Don't really need to look at your journal. Your body is giving you clear signals that it needs more!
  • mummallysha
    mummallysha Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am still breast feeding. The app calculated me at 1750 calories but i usually eat around 2000. I back carry my guy a lot and between him and the carrier it's around 30lbs.
    Yesterday i ate 3000 O.O i just couldn't feel satisfied no matter what.
    I guess it could be hormones but because i breast feed still i don't have my period yet so i honestly have no clue when my ovulation is
  • mummallysha
    Options
    Oh and sorry i thought i had it set to public. Changed it now :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hormones. I'm that way before my period too. I can eat 4000 calories easily those days before I get satisfied! I'd guess your period is going to start again soon (although I really don't know a thing about pregnancy and breastfeeding).
    eggdev wrote: »
    Your body went as long as it could - undernourished.
    Don't really need to look at your journal. Your body is giving you clear signals that it needs more!

She lost 15 lbs in 8 months, that's hardly 'undernourished'.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Because you are breastfeeding. I swear I was way hungrier while nursing than I was pregnant. Fight the urge to "fill that pit" as much as you can, but if you need to go maintenance for a few days then go for it. Your body needs fuel for that baby. Also, try to exercise more so you can eat more.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Could be that now your not exclusively breastfeeding that your hormones are gearing up for your period to return

My lil boy is 14 months and still breastfed (we back carry too) and my periods have started again. In the days leading up to it i experience a drop in milk supply and i need to eat extra to quell the hunger
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Have you had a period yet? I always feel that way a few days prior. I do try to stick to my calorie goals despite the bottomless pit feeling but usually end up losing weight before my period for whatever reason (I'm in maintenance). If I was breastfeeding still, I might consider increasing my calories a bit if I was feeling that way but still continue logging and staying in control.

I lost 90 lbs while exclusively breastfeeding. I set mfp to lose 1 lb a week and ate back 300-500 extra a day plus almost if my exercise calories. I could eat quite a bit and still lose.
  • mummallysha
    Options
    thanks everyone! must be hormones! he's been feeding more on me lately because he's been sick too so i'm sure that's another part of it