Starting over.

Options
In 2014 I joined mfp and had great success. In 8 months I lost 100 pounds was fit, active and all health issues gone. In 2015 I decided to train for my first triathlon in my mid 50s. Was up to riding my bike 30 miles no sweat etc. In June of that year only 2 months before the event I was literally knocked off my bike. Ended up fracturing my elbow and blowing out the knee. After 3 months recovery I lost all motivation. As a result I find myself 50 pounds gained and feeling miserable. Looking for new friends for motivation and accountability.

Replies

• annobrien889
    annobrien889 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have been on and off since 2010 and certainly feel frustrated with myself over it. But now is my chance to really focus on my loss and get to my happy weight
  • Jobeth990
    Jobeth990 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hear Ya. I have been up and down in weight my whole life. I finally got down to my goal weight after a divorce. At that time I had also discovered my passion of powerlifting. I trained hard 5 days a week for a couple of years and competed quite a bit. But recently I have found myself with a back injury that has stunted my training. I am having a hard time being motivated to exercize or eat to fuel my body..... I want to be where I was and I am having a hard time seeing me reach any of these goals with excitement. I want to enjoy life not just try to be skinny. ( although being thin helps me enjoy life in some ways because then I'm less self concious) ....#rambling
  • SciWhiz
    SciWhiz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I'm back on here after months of not logging. I have no excuse for losing motivation, but I did. I gained all the weight I lost back and I'm sick of starting over!
  • larohat
    larohat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me to! I was doing well... I only had 30 to lose before my goal. Now I have 50 to go :(
    It is kind of depressing
  • lenn_elle
    lenn_elle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I know so many people including myself who have tried and then given up and been miserable. I have started at a new gym with really great classes that I find so motivational. IF you find it hard to motivate yourself to work out, I cannot tell you how much I recommend joining classes. It has honestly changed my life and Ive already seen great results from just a couple of months going consistently and eating well.

Everything is mental, and you can do it!! :)
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Everyday we have a chance to move ourselves closer to our goal or further away;) I heard something recently that was from a neuroscientist and she said that thoughts actually take up space... physical space and you can see them form. There is a physical difference between positive thoughts and negative thoughts. Her name is Caroline Leaf and she has some talks on YouTube. Maybe if you focus on positive thoughts about losing weight and getting back to the physique that you desire each day picturing yourself in that body will be enough to help propel you in that direction:)