Gluten free, sugar free, dairy free... who is with me?

A few months ago I gave up gluten, sugar, and dairy. I feel like a new person! I've only been eating whole unprocessed foods. Is anyone else eating similar? What are your favorite meals and snacks?

Replies

• bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Man that must be rough, not fruit and vegetables!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    A few months ago I gave up gluten, sugar, and dairy. I feel like a new person! I've only been eating whole unprocessed foods. Is anyone else eating similar? What are your favorite meals and snacks?

Wow that's restrictive!

What can you eat?
  • Cdavis_woat
    Cdavis_woat Posts: 1 Member
    I'm guessing when you said sugar, you meant processed sugar...not fruit sugar? I am trying to eat mostly protein, veggies, limited fruits, and good fats. As a society we tend to eat way too many simple carbs. I'm trying to stay away from grains, dairy, and processed sugar. I have been enjoying taco salad with salsa as a dressing. I sometimes also mix canned chicken with a little mayo and diced apples. I also love raw almonds for a snack! :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    fascha wrote: »
    You couldn't pay me tbh

Yep. This.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Barring medical issues - elimination diets are generally a bad idea. Assuming you're not a diabetic, celiac with lactose intolerance.......what will maintenance be?

Losing weight is just the first step. To keep the weight off we need to change (some) dietary habits for a lifetime or the weight is just going to come back.
  • ana_varn
    ana_varn Posts: 98 Member
    edited April 2017
    Hornsby wrote: »
    ana_varn wrote: »
    Jesus Christ why are you so nasty to each other? We can't compare fruit with a mars bar anyway. The fruit has fiber, vitamins and minerals which help keeping the appetite stabilized and give proper nutrition! And dairy? You're a freaking human, not a cow so it's okay not to have it in your diet even when you're NOT intolerant or allergic to it. Now for gluten, if you're not sick I don't see any reason why to avoid it but if it works for one then it's good, you don't have to play the "i know better than you because I am SO much better" card.

I eat all of the things she says she avoids but still... who am I to criticize and belittle one? Jeez there's no need to be mean. Maybe you need to up your calories a bit. ;)

PS: Some responses have been nice and/or honest, so my text doesn't go to all who responded. :smiley:

The irony of this post.

I got to admit that the comment about upping the calories was a little mean itself. I apologize, I was acting out of emotion :neutral: It just hit me that some people are playing the experts in order to "reduce" the person who began the topic. :/

I won't delete it though. It's the internet but I take responsibility for it and rather keep a straight face.
This discussion has been closed.