Hiya... looking for more lifters!

Options

Replies

• HelenOfTroy05
    HelenOfTroy05 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new at this too and also looking for friendlies with more knowledge!
  • skinnycow1234567
    skinnycow1234567 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Very new to this forum,but have been weight traning for 20 yrs....I can tell you that you will need carbs..
    You will need the carbs in the gym,to build the muscle. Intense training is the way.
  • Barbell_Addict_
    Barbell_Addict_ Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to help crush your goals!
  • brayemerick
    brayemerick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would rather lift than cardio, but cardio helps with those endorphins and some legal blonde chick said that "endorphins make you happy and happy people just don't shoot their husbands. They just don't" ;) What types of exercises do you current do?
  • Barbell_Addict_
    Options
    Hi! I would rather lift than cardio, but cardio helps with those endorphins and some legal blonde chick said that "endorphins make you happy and happy people just don't shoot their husbands. They just don't" ;) What types of exercises do you current do?
    lots of weight training and cardio such as cycling on rest days :)

• Barbell_Addict_
    Options
    Happy Saturday! <3
  • Barbell_Addict_
    Options
    :)
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    cycling is a good idea for cardio. only just getting back into regular exercise after years of neglect. weight has never been an issue, really. Just motivation to stay in the gym and stay healthy. Fluctuate a little here and there but nothing drastic. More for peace of mind than anything and a better routine in life.
  • Barbell_Addict_
    Options
    I'm with you IVMay!
  • Iron_Jaycee
    Iron_Jaycee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ooh ooh pick me Barbell Addict
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm a competitive Powerlifter. I eats LOTS of carbs, protein and fats. I struggled to make significant gains on a low calorie/low carb diet. It wasn't until I increased my caloric intake to 1800-2000 calories. You need to eat for your body to repair itself after lifting, especially if you lift heavy. Feel free to add me
  • cathleete
    cathleete Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't currently lift much- background in spinning and some Crossfit- but I'd like to lift more. Ok if I join in to learn more?
  • Barbell_Addict_
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Love finding people with Similar goals!! Happy Friday!
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options

Lifting gives me endorphins. I think if I only did cardio I would kill someone.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Powerlifter on 5k/day
  • erinlane93
    erinlane93 Posts: 170 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I lift! Obsessed with heavy lifting o:)
  • Barbell_Addict_
    Options
    Hope everyone’s Killian their goals this weekend having a good time doing it! :smiley:
  • Barbell_Addict_
    Options
    Happy Friday!
  • lyn12518
    lyn12518 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When in doubt lift it out! Add meeee!! :smiley:
  • Barbell_Addict_
    Options
    :o