Phone & Exercise

Options
2»

Replies

• Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    i stick it opposite of my holster to even the weight out a bit.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Seconding the Flipbelt recommendation. I love mine, I can't imagine using anything else. They even make waterbottles specifically designed to fit into the pockets -- great for long runs.

I have THREE of these dang things, because it took ordering that many to find one that actually FIT me. They are sized to fit around snug at the waist (at least on me!), and I hate that. I use mine occasionally, but only if I need to have my phone with me. Usually I'd rather leave the phone. But I agree that it is better than an armband.

You can choose the fit based on where you want it to sit and they have recommendations on their website along with a size chart (which even tells you both the stretched and unstretched circumference). I have mine in a size that means it stays down on my hips, but I can also wear it at my waist if needed. It sits stretched snugly when I wear it low and not stretched at all/almost loose if I wear it at my waist, which was what I was going for when I compared my measurements to the chart.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    For runners that use a Flipbelt or waist pockets, do you have any issues with your phone getting wet from sweat?

Well, I run in outside central Texas - sweat from excessive heat and random sudden pop-up storms happens A LOT. My running belts are water resistant but I usually put my phone is a small zip-lock bag for an extra layer of protection.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I put it in my pocket usually or use an arm band. Most of my bras, running tights, and some of my tops and shorts have pockets.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Seconding the Flipbelt recommendation. I love mine, I can't imagine using anything else. They even make waterbottles specifically designed to fit into the pockets -- great for long runs.

I have THREE of these dang things, because it took ordering that many to find one that actually FIT me. They are sized to fit around snug at the waist (at least on me!), and I hate that. I use mine occasionally, but only if I need to have my phone with me. Usually I'd rather leave the phone. But I agree that it is better than an armband.

You can choose the fit based on where you want it to sit and they have recommendations on their website along with a size chart (which even tells you both the stretched and unstretched circumference). I have mine in a size that means it stays down on my hips, but I can also wear it at my waist if needed. It sits stretched snugly when I wear it low and not stretched at all/almost loose if I wear it at my waist, which was what I was going for when I compared my measurements to the chart.

I used the chart. My issue that that although it does stretch, I find it to be uncomfortably snug. I don't like tight fitting clothes - same reason I hate pantyhose. :#
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm weird, but I hold my phone in my hand. I use it to time my run/walk intervals (I measure by the mile, not actual time), and occasionally to text my husband to let him know how I'm doing on my long runs. If I wore it in an armband or put it in a belt type thing, I wouldn't have easy access. I've gone 12 miles with no problem, and plan to carry it in a half marathon this weekend.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Please consider using one earbud, it's really dangerous to not be able to hear what's happening around you while you run.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Run Buddy also called Buddy Pouch
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I used a SPIbelt to put my phone in, it doesn't bounce and you can get clip on water bottles for it too.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I have a Flipbelt and I love it. I can fit my Samsung galaxy s7 edge in with no problem. I have a water bottle too. The water can get kind of warm, but I mostly use it to rinse out my mouth or squirt water on my neck when it is really got outside, so it isn't a problem. I use the Flipbelt whenever I run or walk or anytime I am working in the yard. It stays in place and isn't bulky at all.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I went by their size chart. I ordered a small. My hips are 'small' and my waist is at the low end of their 'medium'. So I had to choose. They fit well. Come about 4" below my knees, which I like. The ones that are too close to the knee: bunch up at the knee and I hate that. The waist is a little higher than some running shorts. Does not feel like my Mama's belly is going to flop out lol. They are made of a comfortable material and they are thick enough that they are not sheer. I would not mind if they were a little lighter (material wise) as summer is coming. I intend to find out if they have any that are more lightweight.

I also ordered a pair of running shorts, about 4" inseam, same Baleaf. I like them - the inseam is long enough that its not like I'm virtually wearing underwear. But the waist is a little lower than on the capris. And no thigh pocket because, well, its not really long enough...

The capris were $20 I think, and shorts $14. I am never hesitant to try new stuff thru Amazon, as if its sold by Amazon LLC they have a fair return policy.
    rccrozier wrote: »
    What do you do with your phone while running and exercising in general? Favorite products that will hold it and are preferably headphone-friendly?

My favorite pair of workout capris (bought from Amazon) are brand name Baleaf and have a 'media pocket' on either thigh. I despise the 'hidden pockets' and find them useless. But this is deep enough to easily hold my phone, and my car key on the other side. And I have easy access to the phone when/as needed. I have wireless earbuds that connect by Bluetooth.

I need these pants!!!! How are the fit? I found that Brooks run a little small.

OH MY GOSH! I just wore them for the first time (capris; I don't wear shorts). I got them in the mail yesterday (I ordered that same day, but they must be in high demand, as I had to wait for them to be in stock). I LOVE THEM. Thanks so much for the recommendation! I got two pair, and I know they'll be my favorites!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    If I'm doing strength stuff I have a little flat fanny pack and my bluetooth headphones. If I'm running, I have a super slim running belt with fat elastic that holds it secure, like $7.99 at TJ Maxx.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I only carry my phone for outside runs (Mapmyrun), and depending on how focused I am on pace, I'll either carry it for easy access or put it in my running belt. For indoor runs and other workouts, I leave my phone in my gym bag and use a teeny tiny ipod shuffle (the old kind) for music - I hope it never dies.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I use a Finburst running belt (from Amazon) when running or biking - fits my iPhone 7+ fine. In the gym I either leave the phone in my gym bag or put it in one of the cup holders on the treadmill/stationary bike. Bluetooth headphones so I don't have to worry about the connection or cables getting in the way. I don't need easy access to the phone because I can control music playback from the controls on my BT headphones, and I use an Apple Watch (and Garmin 520 computer on the bike) for my workout stats (time, distance, pace, HR, etc.).