How often do you work out?

Options

Replies

• maddiemadkins
    maddiemadkins Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sharon_C wrote: »
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    I workout because I love feeling the blood rush into my veins.

I love feeling my body move with ease during high intensity workouts. I love it when it gets tough and I have to put extra force into it.
    I adore feeling my muscles move heavy weights around, again and again, until I feel like I'm on fire and that I'm burning up.

I live for the moments when I feel the blood taste in my mouth and I'm panting so hard I'm not sure if I'll ever breath normally again.

That moment of ecstacy, where your lying on the ground breathing heavily and you can't stand cause your knees are so week but you can't help smiling cause you know you did good and now your body is rewarding you with all the good hormones and your endorphins are running high... That's my favorite part of each day.
    It's what I do for fun.

I was going to write a comment but I'll just say, "what Gimsteinn1said". Couldn't have said it better myself. In fact, that last paragraph was me this morning. It's 4 hours later and I can't wait to get back to the gym.

I lift heavy 5 days a week with about 20 minutes of cardio after each lifting session and do only cardio on the 6th day.

I usually try to get a relaxing walk in on the 7th day. Or I might not depending on how I feel.

Well I've never felt any particular ecstacy while working out, maybe i'm doing the wrong things, lol
    I do enjoy the endorphins, but I can't seem to nail down that one exercise that really speaks to me. I have done the c25k, and really liked it, then just stopped. Now I'm trying to get back into it, but my creaky knees always protest...
  • maddiemadkins
    maddiemadkins Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Pathman1 wrote: »
    I don't particularly enjoy working out nor do I dislike it, but I do it every day because I like the results. My workouts vary from 30-60 minutes depending on if I'm doing a video, running, or lifting. I'm a morning person so it's not hard being motivated to get out of bed and exercise. I'm very consistent with my workouts because it's become a habit and not something I really have to think about. It's been almost two years now of regular exercising for me.

How has it helped you on your weight loss journey Pathman1?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Lifting 5 days per week, training for powerlifting competition. 1.5 to 2 hours per session. Two rest days per week.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Are you an exercise lover or fighter? What's your favorite thing to do? I tend to go in phases, I'll geek out on Yoga for awhile, then Zumba, trampoline, just dance...then I'll fall off the wagon and on to the couch for months...
    Very inconsistant...I'll be 44 in April and I have a pr of jeans in my closet that I just can't part with. They're about 20 lbs from my current situation.
    What are your fitness goals? Are you close?

I am an exercise lover. I enjoy lifting weights, and have to force myself to do cardio when springtime rolls around so I'm prepped for summer. I work out daily - usually lift for 60-minutes and run for 20-30 minutes. Lately it's been a bit longer because I'm in vacation prep mode.

My goals are to increase my compound lifts by 7/15 - bench is currently 85 but my goal is 105 (ultimate goal of 135); squat is currently 185 but my goal is 230 (ultimate goal of 250); deadlift is currently 185 but my goal is 230 (ultimate goal of 260). I also want to build more muscle and lose body fat, which I've consistently been doing for a while now to prep for this vacation. I remained the same weight but now have visible abs and extreme leg, arm and back definition so I think I was successful. Wish I had a way to measure BF% at the gym!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every day and for the last month or two, twice a day. I take a rest when I feel like I need it. I hit my GW two weeks ago and am recomping, sorta.
  • guwisti
    guwisti Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Husband and I workout 5-6 days a week. In the late fall/winter/early spring we walk and then weekends we hike. Late spring (now)/summer/early fall, we alternate days of the week with walking and bicycling. All outside. That is key for me. I mentally can't workout in a gym. I get so bored. I am spoiled by the natures and seeing things and smelling things. We usually do around a hour to hour and a half in the evenings after work. And weekends we try to do a bit longer of a workout. We've also recently started doing incline pushups during our walk...picnic table...pushups...bench...pushups. I'm so glad it's bicycling weather again. Being on a bicycle outside is like being 12 again and remembering the freedom it gave you. :)
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I work out 5-7 days a week. I love it. I am at the gym for strength 4 days a week, 2 lower body focus and 2 upper body/abs focus days. I try to do my beachbody programs at home at least twice a week for cardio and have a yoga day every week too. The variety keeps it fun for me and I don't get burned out on any one activity like I used to.
  • razzapool
    razzapool Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    people who go 6-7 days must have really good partners lol my wife hates the amount time I spend there now and I only go 4 days
  • sarochka85
    sarochka85 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    6-7 days a week.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Coming back from injury, so I lift M-F (5-day split) and will be running every other day starting this week.

Usually I wouldn't do so much because there's no way I'd recover enough between running and weights, but everything's relatively light weights (high reps) and very short distances for now. As weight and distance increases, I'll be scaling back reps big time, scheduling runs more carefully, and probably adding a rest day mid-wk.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I love working out, I just struggle with the time. Often I have to choose between working out and getting 5-6 hours a sleep (which is not enough) or not working out so I can go to bed at a reasonable hour. I know part of the reason I've gained weight is because I am so sleep-deprived. I walk every day at lunch, but I maybe get to gym 2-3 times a week. I wish it was more.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I lift 3-6x per week (depending on my programming), and that is what I love to do. I also do some yoga. Right now cardio is limited because I am bulking but I will be adding a little bit back in come spring/summer when I cut.
    My fitness goals at the moment are aesthetic, I am building muscle and almost finished up an 8 month bulk, then I will cut, then maintain. Eventually I may move on to strength goals, maybe in a few months.
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Daily: I LOVE heavy lifting - which I do 4 times a week. I also LOVE running, which I'll do more once the weather is better. I hate cold. Now I suffer through cardio the days I don't run.

If you find something that you enjoy doing, it's easy to get yourself to do it. It's also easy to burn yourself out. Maybe try rotating between several things you like doing until something sticks.
  • rubydrm
    rubydrm Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I started a weight loss challenge last September and until I was comfortable getting up that early, the people in class, and the workouts, it was super hard to get there 5 days a week. Now...going on 7 months later and with 2 Challenges under my belt, I go 6 times a week. Progress for me is slow, but I've lost weight, kept it off, and gotten stronger-- all of which were goals then and continue to be now.
  • johngacinski
    johngacinski Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I work out every day. Im 53 and a new grandpa and want to be around a long time. I do four days a week of weight training and cardio at least 4 times a week. My diet is good - though sweets are a real weakness! - and am going to again go on a 21 day Daniel fast to get cleansed. Life is good!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    hi
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I exercise because I must, not because I like it. I log something for exercise 6 or 7 days each week. My favorite thing to do? Bicycling. My fitness goal is to reach 160 lb and maintain +- 5 lb from there. I'm at 177.8 today.

174.6 today. Since that message I've logged long walks, bicycling, standing at a desk, climbing stairs, and some treadmill work.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I try for 7 days a week, but sometimes one of those days is just a yoga class, a brisk walk, or working out in the garden for a few hours (which really isn't exercise, but if I've been raking, digging, and/or chopping wood for several hours I know I should skip the gym).
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I only work out in the gym 3x a week (lift heavy weights) but I try to be active every day. For six months of the year I bike to work 7KM each way and during the winter I aim for at least 10K steps a day.
  • WhitneyDurham777
    WhitneyDurham777 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Try to run everyday, and then on the weekends I love to throw in some Mountain time. Usually something to do with boards strapped to my feet.