Confused, anxious and stressed.

Options
Hey everyone,
I hope I'm posting in the right place, this is the first time I've ever posted here.

So I have undergone a transformation in exactly a year (and 3 days now) where I've lost over 6 stone just by calorie control and working out. So obviously I'm over the moon with the change and I have totally fallen in love with fitness, especially powerlifting which I'm fairly new to.

Here's the thing, I have always had a dysfunctional relationship with food (evidently). For the past year, in general I've eaten about 1200-1500 calories a day and for the past 6 weeks especially I've been very strict with that. My issue is, now I've reached my goal I'm kind of floundering around not knowing what to do. Logistically I know I need to slowly increase my intake (i still want to lower body fat) but the idea of having a higher calorie count makes me so so anxious. Kind of like I think I'm going to gain everything back if I do.

I'm sorry for the ramble... thanks for any advice x

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    You've got the right idea. Add 100 calories per day. Once you are used to that, then add another 100 calories. Rinse and repeat until you find the sweet spot for you.

Welcome to powerlifting, too. Fun, isn't it?!?
  • Findingmyhappyme
    Findingmyhappyme Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Okay this sounds like a good idea! Thank you both, I think I'll try 50 at a time first :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Congrats on your transformation! Set a 5 lb range for maintenance because weight tends to fluctuate. When you get to the top or bottom of the range, adjust your cals and restart logging if you've stopped. This way you can intervene quickly and not gain it all back.