Any mamas out there trying to lose the baby weight?

Options
Hello...new to the community scene. Michelle here, 38 and mom of 3. Had my baby last July, lost all the baby weight but gained it all back. In total I'd like to lose 100lbs but heck, I'll rejoice if I lost 2lbs. Seems that my scale keeps going UP! Anyhow, I love food (obviously), I love being a mom and wife and I love God. Looking for some awesome support and motivation. Friend me if interested. :)

Replies

• adriennebaileyy
    adriennebaileyy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Had a baby in December and now working on getting off the baby weight. Currently I'm smaller than I was pre-pregnancy but I definitely have a lot to lose to lose my big stomach I've gained from my two pregnancies
  • safatareq
    safatareq Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, am a new first time mom as well, had my baby in Feb. 17, gained really lots of kgs during my pregnancy, like 23 kg! Lost around 13 n working on losing the rest now.. Goal is to lose it all by 6 months.. Let's do it ladies
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Cool just what I was looking for. I got into fitness like 8 years ago and lost a decent amount of weight, used to look like my profile pic a few months after my first baby but I just had my second a little over a month ago by repeat c section and this time I gained a little over 40lb instead of the perfect 25 I gained with my son! Mostly I think because I was so tired I'd just nap while he was at school instead of working out. I still have over 20lbs to lose which is the most I've ever had to lose and now I'm 39yo so I'm a bit freaked out. Just started getting back into my workouts although I can't do super heavy stuff yet and definitely need some support. My DH has gained recently too and isn't very passionate about losing unfortunately so I need others to help inspire me
  • laura7995
    laura7995 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello there new to this but it's time to give it a good go had my girl a year ago and to be never gained weight through the pregnancy just after it so now I have over 5 stone too loose really need motivation help hehe feel free too add away and chat
  • Puzzl3dunicorn
    Puzzl3dunicorn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 months post partum and only 2 lbs above my pregnancy weight. However I was overweight to begin with so I'm still trying to lose 35 more. My goal is to get there by his first birthday and I'm feeling confident.
  • BrookeRunningMom
    BrookeRunningMom Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 23 a mom of a 3 year old and 14 month old, I was 130lbs before getting pregnant and when up to 183lbs at end of my pregnancies, was overweight and unhappy for awhile, I started My journey less then 5 months ago and I'm now 118lbs. Add me as a friend, I also made videos of my progress if you want the link let me no.
  • brenperez18
    brenperez18 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I'm almost 3 months PP. I still have 14lbs to go, I gained a total of 47lbs
  • amks3818
    amks3818 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Had my fourth last September and trying to lose what I put on. I had lost over 40 lbs before getting pregnant and only gained about 25 of that back during pregnancy. I am looking to lose about 50lbs to get to my goal weight though. Feel free to add me.
  • Babycarrot337
    Babycarrot337 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Same here!!! Time to bust free!
  • Amberetta82
    Amberetta82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Mom of five here. Kids ranging from almost 15 years old to almost 1 year old. I've got 115 lbs to lose. Gained 60 lbs with my first and have been adding on ever since... Ugh. So basically I've been trying to lose 15 years worth of baby fat.
  • rellykader93
    rellykader93 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one! I have ALWAYS struggled with my weight. Up and down. I finally lost about 60 lbs right before I got pregnant. I did good throughout the pregnancy and only gained enough to sustain the baby (20lbs) I had to have an emergency C-section which caused me to go into depression and then gain all of my weight back. I had my daughter last June and I'm just now starting to get back to the gym. Even tho I haven't lost any yet it still makes me feel triumphant!
  • SMGMama3
    SMGMama3 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling to lose all the weight from all of my pregnancies. I am down for support!
  • buttrfli322
    buttrfli322 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Had baby #5 in January...need to lose 55lbs to get back to pre-baby...hoping to get there by the end of the year. Hard to diet though while breastfeeding...also in the Air Force so have to get the body back :) Thankful for the year grace period!!!
  • mpr2083
    mpr2083 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi mamas!

Wow! So cool to get a lot of responses! Like I said, new to the community and adding friends so I'm still learning how to navigate this. Not too technology savvy either, lol.
  • mpr2083
    Options

Had baby #5 in January...need to lose 55lbs to get back to pre-baby...hoping to get there by the end of the year. Hard to diet though while breastfeeding...also in the Air Force so have to get the body back :) Thankful for the year grace period!!!

Thank you for your service! I lost a ton while breastfeeding, sadly it was short lived as my daughter was in the NICU and my supply couldn't keep up with her demands. The moment I stopped pumping, the weight started creeping back up. Glad your giving yourself a year to make your changes. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • mpr2083
    Options
    I thought I was the only one! I have ALWAYS struggled with my weight. Up and down. I finally lost about 60 lbs right before I got pregnant. I did good throughout the pregnancy and only gained enough to sustain the baby (20lbs) I had to have an emergency C-section which caused me to go into depression and then gain all of my weight back. I had my daughter last June and I'm just now starting to get back to the gym. Even tho I haven't lost any yet it still makes me feel triumphant!

Hey mama! I feel ya, I had 3 C-sections so I know the struggle is REAL. So no, you're definitely not alone my friend. Marvel at the beauty of your baby, pregnancy is hard work...it's even harder after the baby gets here (which I'm sure you know). Stay triumphant...I'm sure the victory is well deserved!