Progress all of a sudden gone..

Options
So I'm very confused. I upped my workouts per week and have been extremely good with logging in all my food. A couple weeks ago my pants were all to big and now I can barely fit into them. All my progress is literally gone.
Has anyone had this issue before? Or do you know what happened?

Replies

• austinjayford
    austinjayford Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Are you a woman? Male? Where are your calories at? How many days are you lifting or doing cardio? We need more information.
  • cmuise19
    cmuise19 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Woman. My calories are 1200. I do weight training twice a week. and then cardio hiit training 2-3 times a week
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    You said you upped your workouts, if this is recent then you are probably holding on to a little bit of water weight
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    How many pounds up are you?

Is it possible you're approaching your TOM?

• cmuise19
    Options
    I upped my workouts about a month ago. If it is water weight, how will will it take to go away?
  • austinjayford
    Options
    Might be your menstrual cycle causing some bloating. How often do you weigh yourself?
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    cmuise19 wrote: »
    So I'm very confused. I upped my workouts per week and have been extremely good with logging in all my food. A couple weeks ago my pants were all to big and now I can barely fit into them. All my progress is literally gone.
    Has anyone had this issue before? Or do you know what happened?

No way for us to know, all we can do is guess. How much weight are you talking about? How much did you weigh 2 weeks ago, and how much do you weigh now?
  • cmuise19
    Options
    I try to weigh myself once a week. And I'm about 7-9lbs heavier now than I was 2 weeks ago
  • austinjayford
    Options
    I try to weigh myself once a week. And I'm about 7-9lbs heavier now than I was 2 weeks ago

Sounds like your in the late Luteal Phase. Highly doubt you gained 7 lbs of fat.

Here is the impact menstrual cycles can have on your weight:

Early Follicular Phase: Weight will be at its lowest here. (When bleeding starts)
    Late Follicular Phase: Weight will increase due to estrogen.
    Early Luteal Phase: Weight will be semi-low here.
    Late Luteal Phase: Weight will be at its highest due to the drop in progesterone causing water rebound.

Also I would not recommend weighing yourself once a week. Weigh yourself every day in the morning right after you empty your bladder. Then take a rolling average for the entire week.

This will get rid of all the "noise" from weight fluctuations.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    Options

You "try"? So, do you log your weight here? Log your food?? If not, there's no way to really know for certain, how much weight you have gained, and how much food you are eating. Start logging your food and your weight. Give it 2 weeks and see where you are at.
  • cmuise19
    Options
    I do log my food everyday. I weigh myself every Friday when I'm at the gym because I dont have a scale at home.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    Options
    I do log my food everyday. I weigh myself every Friday when I'm at the gym because I dont have a scale at home.

Are you weighing with clothes or without? You should be weighing naked, first thing in the morning after peeing. That is the only way to make a true comparison. Scales are cheap. Buy one.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,946 Member
    Options
    Please change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings