Lost it, gained it back, and trying to restart

Options
I've always been overweight until about 3 years ago when I went on a running kick and started eating healthy. Dropped a little over 30 pounds, (175 to 145) and was loving it. Life hit my family with some big punches and I know I'm eating my feelings but I just can't seem to stop. I've gained back 11 pounds and have plantar fasciitis in my foot so running is out. Not wanting to turn this into a bitchfest, I'm looking for some people who might be feeling similar that would like to encourage one another. Thanks for reading!

Replies

• kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. Lost 40kg, regained it, lost 20 kg, then regained it plus some. Went on a downward spiral for 3 years but never gave up hope that I could turn it around. I decided not to weight myself anymore but guess I've lost 5-10kg in the past few months and have now ramped up the training and started 5:2 fasting. Never give up hope. My knees are dodgy so don't run either but am totally into strength training and zumba (it's just so much fun and the instructor is amazing).
  • Baggavond
    Baggavond Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. I used to run 2-4 miles a day and maintained my weight. Got hit by Plantar Fascitis a year ago and quit exercising. I'm finally healed, but have regained and lost motivation. I need accountability and motivation.
  • griffindovie
    griffindovie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was working out 2 hrs a day lost 30lbs and then herniated a disc that is now mashing my nerves I've put 20 lbs back on!:/I've had epidural shots and am in therapy starting to feel better and am ready to get this weight back off!would love friends to help keep me motivated!
  • sdelliger
    sdelliger Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same here. Lost about 30 pounds a couple years back, but then kids came along and then got placed on a higher does of my depression medication and gained most of it back. While I'm much more level in my moods, I am unhappy with my body. Trying to do better, but I lack motivation to quit sweets. I don't want to be super skinny, I just want to be healthy and strong. My goal is just to lose 20.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I have done some regaining due to life stresses, medical issues, med changes. I'm finally back in maintenance range so I can provide some encouragement from the other side; hang in there!! I've dealt with PF before, too. Have you tried PT exercises for it? That helped with mine, and getting Dr. Scholl's orthotics (the kind from the machine where it analyzes your foot; a physical therapist friend recommended them to me). In the meantime I did the exercise bike and elliptical and had to take a break from running for a while. Best of luck to you!
  • whitneya773
    whitneya773 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    In the same boat!
  • skbrodie
    skbrodie Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm back a year later, 15 pounds heavier and wondering how I'm going to restart. I've been in my first year of professional school and it's killing me. I used to be able to exercise at least 1 hour each day... now 15 minutes feels like a huge dent in my time. Oh, also plantar fasciitis.
  • abbyrose1007
    abbyrose1007 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. I lost about 30 pounds last year. Then some big family hardships made me lose my motivation. I'm starting back again and would love to be a motivator !
  • MissFit2532
    MissFit2532 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    I hear you. I have done some regaining due to life stresses, medical issues, med changes. I'm finally back in maintenance range so I can provide some encouragement from the other side; hang in there!! I've dealt with PF before, too. Have you tried PT exercises for it? That helped with mine, and getting Dr. Scholl's orthotics (the kind from the machine where it analyzes your foot; a physical therapist friend recommended them to me). In the meantime I did the exercise bike and elliptical and had to take a break from running for a while. Best of luck to you!

Yes I've been massaging it on a roller, been doing some yoga, and wearing more supportive shoes. I'll look for one of those Dr Scholl machines and look for the orthotics. Waiting for the water to warm up a bit here in AZ so I can do some swimming. Thank you for the support!
  • TerreK
    TerreK Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I could really use the support too....I've had kids/medical issues over the last several years & kinda always battled my weight anyway. I'd love to "friend" or get friended by anybody who sincerely wants to try and motivate each other to attain our goals....