Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Very little progress

I am on week 4 of eating healthier, very little junk food, no fast food, no pop, and working out at least 3 days a week. I have only lost 4-5lbs and none of my clothes fit any different. I am getting extremely frustrated. If anyone has any advice or tips they would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• crb426
    crb426 Posts: 661 Member
    But are you counting calories?
  • MeganLeahe85
    MeganLeahe85 Posts: 3 Member
    Yes I use the app and eat less than what it recommends.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,571 Member
    That is a pound per week. Great progress. What were you expecting? If you set your goal to lose 2 lbs per week it's either too aggressive, or you're only eating at a deficit to lose 1 lb per week (eating more than you think by accident). There's also things like new exercise and hormones that add water weight and mask weight loss for a period of time.

You can tighten up your logging by using a food scale if you haven't started already.
  • MeganLeahe85
    MeganLeahe85 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you! I think other people telling me it's going right helps
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    You're doing great keep it up. Make sure and measure your food on a gram scale when possible. Accuracy is everything when it comes to counting calories. Don't rely on volume portions listed on labels unless the food is a premade dish ready to eat.
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    A pound plus per week is great! The biggest "issue" I see on MFP is unrealistic expectations. Most of us didn't get heavy overnight ... the weight will not come off overnight either. Keep at it - you can do it!!
  • KingBape1993
    KingBape1993 Posts: 7 Member
    How many calories are you eating? I eat 1800 calories a day with high protein. I work out about 5 days a week. I've lost 22 pounds in 2 months. The key is low calories. So if your not losing enough weight. Cut your calorie intake down. 1-200 per day and see your results in a week. Also keep fats low and lean meats high.
  • JaymeHayes14
    JaymeHayes14 Posts: 15 Member
    I am on week 4 of eating healthier, very little junk food, no fast food, no pop, and working out at least 3 days a week. I have only lost 4-5lbs and none of my clothes fit any different. I am getting extremely frustrated. If anyone has any advice or tips they would be greatly appreciated.

I have been exercising and eating healthy for 47 days and I work out 6 days a week and have only lost 7.7 lbs. for the first 3 weeks I thought I was eating "healthy" but then I really had to look at what I was eating. Making healthier choices has helped me lose 4 lbs in 2 weeks. And I am still losing ounces everyday. You can do it, slow and steady wins the race. I spoke to a trainer and he told me if you do something consistently for 3 months then you will notice a change. My suggestion is look at what you are eating. You can't eat the same bad foods and expect a big difference. Eat better and exercise at least 5 days a week and throw some weight training in there and you will be great. Good luck!!
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 402 Member
    A pound a week is actually pretty fast and requires eating a whopping 500 calories a day below maintenance. Congratulations on your great progress so far, and it sounds like you're doing everything right.