NO MORE CHEATING

Options
Even though I am a new member - yesterday was my first cheat day. I did not work out; no cardio or weights and I went WAY OVER my target. Well, as a punishment to myself, today I was VERY diet meticulous and worked out VERY HARD. I did cardio for 60 minutes and weight training for 60 minutes for a GRAND TOTAL of 1,500 calories burned……….I think I am going to be sore for a few days – so no more cheating………

Replies

• chris6515
    chris6515 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Way to jump back on the wagon. Good for you.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Cheating, like everything else, should be in moderation. If you never treat yourself, you'll go crazy and splurge! Find ways to work your "cheat" foods into your daily goals.

Most importantly, don't beat yourself up over all this! We all make mistakes.
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    you need to have cheat days sometimes

I do a cheat meal, I eat whatever I want for that 1 meal a week sometimes every 2 weeks
    like last night i had frozen yogurt, yes its low in calories but it was a treat
  • Keegansmum6
    Keegansmum6 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Cheating, like everything else, should be in moderation. If you never treat yourself, you'll go crazy and splurge! Find ways to work your "cheat" foods into your daily goals.

Most importantly, don't beat yourself up over all this! We all make mistakes.

I agree with this
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    Remerber it's a lifestyle change not a diet...it's normal to have cheat days...you really need them
    hope that you enjoyed!!
    glad to see you back on track
    good luck with you journey!!
  • drogheda1
    drogheda1 Posts: 57
    Options
    Never say never...if u do u will get feelings of deprivation eventually,,,i think its important to have treats from time to time.
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    try this method of mine......if you "cheat" you MUST work out that day. if you dont workout, dont "cheat" that day.:smile:
  • gitnhealthy2011
    Options
    Way to jump right back in there again! I have been on my new health plan for 3 mo now. I have had 3 or 4 "cheat" days. With my new plan I find even when I cheat, I am still eating the things I am allowed to eat. Just more of it and go over my daily calories.. I have been eating heathy and find I really don't want any of my old foods. Good Luck
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I dont know how to say this without sounding self righteous or sanctimoniuos....but I HATE the term cheat days....it implies you are on some time of restrictive diet...I know we are but this is a lifestyle change and life is fluid...some days tons of cals burned, some days not so much...some days better food choices than others...but if you set yourself up for failure (and I believe if you think you are cheating...then you do to some extent) then you will fail...emotionally and physically.....and to "punish" yourself with extra exercise....anyway.....all this was to say....that life happens...roll with it...

Good Luck on your journey to a more healthy lifestyle and be happy where ever you are at the time.....
  • gitnhealthy2011
    Options
    You are so right, it is a lifestyle change. I'm loving mine so far. way to go
  • menacingsprite
    menacingsprite Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Cheating? Eh kinda... everyone needs a "cheat day" or "cheat foods" or whatever. You have to think about it this way, we are constantly using our will power all the time. Sometimes, the days that you just can't take it means it was a particularly rough day. It's all right as long as you recognize your mistake and get back to it.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I renamed one of my meals "stuff I shouldn't be eating" and I am going to try and limite entries in that section to no more than 500 calories. Not every day either. It's just there as an option should I get a craving. Having it all in one section I'm hoping will help me to see and control potential binges.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I personally don't do cheat meals or cheat days. I eat what I want, when I want it. Everything in moderation. I find, for me, that knowing I can have whatever I want - whenever I want it makes it so I don't feel like this is a "diet". I also find it helps with binge eating because nothing is off limits (though there ARE foods that I don't eat - not because I CAN'T have them, I don't want them!)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I renamed one of my meals "stuff I shouldn't be eating" and I am going to try and limite entries in that section to no more than 500 calories. Not every day either. It's just there as an option should I get a craving. Having it all in one section I'm hoping will help me to see and control potential binges.

I really like this idea!!!!!!
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days, I have zig zag days. There's little chance of surviving a birthday party, pot luck, etc. without going over my calories. I just don't do it every day, nor do I do it every week.

On special occasions, I enjoy myself, and log my food honestly. The next day I'm back at it and these days usually kick start my metabolism in a good way. :smile:
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options

I really like this idea!!!!!!

Yep. Me too. I might steal this for my diary if you don't mind.

I have 'treat' or 'cheat' day every week on Saturday, subject to doing well towards my targets. I know all about the poor choice of language use - calling it a cheat day is framing it as cheating on some kind of restriction diet and all the guilt that follows from the feeling of cheating and letting yourself down etc - but it's honestly just an easy thing to call it which everyone will understand. I alternately refer to it as my 'overeat day' or my 'planned high cal day' or whatever. It doesn't really matter what I call it, it works within my goals and I don't feel 1% guilty about it.

And that's the key for me I think. Someone offering doughnuts out in work on a Tuesday? The old Jay = "sure, one won't hurt, be rude not to". New Jay = "No thanks" and in my head I'm thinking 'if I still fancy a doughnut on Saturday, I might get one as my treat'
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options

And that's the key for me I think. Someone offering doughnuts out in work on a Tuesday? The old Jay = "sure, one won't hurt, be rude not to". New Jay = "No thanks" and in my head I'm thinking 'if I still fancy a doughnut on Saturday, I might get one as my treat'

Shoot. I used to loooooooooooooooooooove bringing in boxes (plural) of donuts every time my coworkers declared they were dieting and watch the show.

I think I'm almost the point I could buy some for the office and not have one. lol

So mean. :devil:
  • jknowswhatsup
    Options
    Be proud man! We all have bad days, but you went right back to it! Stay encouraged, your doint great!!!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Instead of doing "cheat day", consider just "cheat meal". Pick a meal that you can eat what you like to eat, and enjoy it. But personally I think a cheat day, the entire day, is too much.
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Instead of doing "cheat day", consider just "cheat meal". Pick a meal that you can eat what you like to eat, and enjoy it. But personally I think a cheat day, the entire day, is too much.

I dunno... I go for cheat day pretty much every week where I certainly won't eat crap all day long but I won't sweat eating bacon on toast (with the fat cut off) for breakfast, a cupcake with my lunch, a bag of crisps for a snack and maybe a couple of ciders with dinner.

Probably once every month and a half I'll go for a treat meal - which is SOOO much worse! Whatever I want for one meal? Does anyone hear KFC calling? Can you say 7 pieces and 2 fries? :tongue:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!