I guess it's finally time to post

Options
I have been registered to MFP for about a year, and I just have never had the guts to do the intro post. I guess it is finally time. I am to the point where something needs to happen and change in my life has to occur. Things are getting out of control and I have to do things to change and better my life along with my husband's. I am 25 and feel I am still young enough to make a positive impact in my life. Hopefully taking this step will start me in the right direction towards taking back control over my life. Wish me luck!

Replies

• ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    You don't need luck! (But good luck anyway. :)
  • mrscjwilson
    mrscjwilson Posts: 252
    Options
    Glad you stepped out of the closet! and Welcome!! I think your going to enjoy being here! have fun while reaching your goals!
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I noticed you don't have any friends yet.... The people on here are great and will inspire and encourage you on your journey!! I think you did the right thing by posting this introduction, that way you can add people to your friends list!! Feel free to add me if you like, I would love for us to help each other on our journey!! :happy:
  • sarabella529
    Options
    Hello,

I also just signed up today and hoping this will help in my journey. I wish you luck with your journey and hope to talk with you soon!!
  • jeanlake
    jeanlake Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Sara, I just found out about this site today as well. Much success to us both -- I've been so impressed by the success of the members. How encouraging!
  • sarabella529
    Options
    Hi,

I would like to ask you how long did it take you to get to your weight I just signed up today and weigh in at 310lbs and would like to get down to 160lb hope that you dont mind me asking.
  • Helendec1962
    Options
    I wish you all the luck in the world, just have faith in yourself, you can do it! :bigsmile:
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    welome
    feel free to add me:)
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Welcome
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Welcome and add me as a buddy! We'll do this together!
  • jeanlake
    Options
    Newbie question --- how do we 'add' people? Thx
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    posting is just the start this site is so supportive and once you get the hang of it the pounds just melt away.feel free to add me for support lol
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    when you click on the name it takes you to there home page with add as friend that gives you a message to that person they accept and bingo your home pages are linked lol
  • jeanlake
    Options
    Sara, I'm not sure if your question is directed to me, but I've been losing one pound a week for the past seven weeks, as I work out six times a week and watch my caloric intake. I remember days when the weight came off more quickly, but I can't dwell on that. I'm thinking of the weight loss as s-l-o-w-l-y chipping away at a block of ice. Some day the ice block will conform to a fabulous, sculptured design! Slow and steady progress. jean
  • jeanlake
    Options
    Thank you for directions on how to add friends, glenbabe. Very helpful. Now I'm off to a KC Royals' baseball game in the Midwest, heat. Hope they win and hope I sweat away some pounds. Ha!
  • kjcmccalla
    Options
    Good for you! I just joined and was a little nervous about posting as well. I recently lost 15 pounds and gained at least 5 back. I need some kind of community and tracker to keep myself headed towards my goals. It is too easy for me to become side tracked. ..WelI hope this website helps you & me as well ;)
  • ShellyBelly86
    Options
    What's up Darian! Good for you girl! This is my first post as well. Just know that YOU can do this! Be healthy for yourself, to have a long beautiful life while on this earth. I'm right with you though in wanting to make a difference in my life. My husband and I have changed our eating habits quite a bit and have been exercising for over a month now and it's amazing at how you feel. Your energy level increases, you sleep better, you have more stamina, and sooo much more. Let's get healthy my friends! =)
  • gitnhealthy2011
    Options
    Hi Darian! Me too.. My first post and I have been on for 3 months. I finally decided it was time for a perment lifestyle change for me. You have made a great decision. You are starting at a good age. You will have tons of healthy fun years ahead. I am 53 and been a yoyo all my life. This time is the last. It gets harder the older I get. I finally am making changes I should have made years ago instead of just starving myself to lose weight and then gaining back. So lets work on this together. I am looking for new friends on here to help keep me motivated and hopefully I can motivate ya'll some too.:wink: