Weird question for everyone...

Options
Do you find dieting FUN?

I've started to find it fun xP Is this normal???

Replies

• Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this site and have LOVED becoming a smaller size than I have ever been in my entire life, so yes, I find it fun! :happy:
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! Before joining this site, I felt as if 'dieting' was a chore and hated/loathed it. Now I feel great everyday and love exercising. I can't wait to enjoy being smaller and healthy too!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Dieting? No.

Finding creative ways to make healthy food yummy? Yes.

Exercising? Now that I've found my groove of Insanity and weight lifting, yes.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes I do. It's definitely a lot more fun to be in shape than not.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I don't know - I have never been on a diet. I like being healthy and exercising, though. Going to the gym is fun for me.
  • Windedhl
    Windedhl Posts: 17
    Options
    when i diet it makes me conscience of what i'm eating so i eat much healthier foods to keep my calories down. i also get to try new foods and learn new recipes. and watching the clothes fit better is always exciting. so i would definately say that i enjoy dieting. :)
  • raydeb
    raydeb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I dont look at it as a diet I have fitness training in mind and I am very happy with loosing 2-3 LBS per week. for me thats the fun part and playing with the kids whithout wanting to sit down every five minuets...............

I like Weird
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    the results are fun
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I don't consider myself on a diet, it's a lifestyle for me. As far as it being fun, well, making ordinary meals into really healthy meals is kind of a fun challenge to me...and learning and experimenting with new foods is fun. So yeah, I guess overall the journey to achieving optimal health is fun for me.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    This sums up EXACTLY what I was going to write. If I tell myself "I'm on a diet," then I won't stick with it, because to me, diets are fads. I'm committing myself to a healthy lifestyle now, while I'm young, so it'll be easier for me as I get older. :smile:
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    When I hear "diet" I automatically think of short term deprivation. That's not fun. Being active is fun. Experimenting with good foods that fuel my body and tempt my taste buds is fun. Living more mindfully and joyfully is fun.
  • cabul3
    cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i don't always find it fun, but i do find it addictive!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Plain and simple. No.

If I could eat cheesecake, pizza, DQ blizzards, endless sushi etc in large amounts & not be unhealthy or fat ........i totally would.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Sometimes.
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Dieting? No.

Finding creative ways to make healthy food yummy? Yes.

Exercising? Now that I've found my groove of Insanity and weight lifting, yes.

THAT!! lol.
    I find it fun to find new creative ways to make my meals healthier and more nutritious. My kids are catching on so that makes me happy :-)
    Exercising isn't always fun but when i see the benefits i'm happy to go to the gym.
    It's my motivation!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Plain and simple. No.

If I could eat cheesecake, pizza, DQ blizzards, endless sushi etc in large amounts & not be unhealthy or fat ........i totally would.

i'm with you! my roommate can do this and not gain a pound and it makes me so mad. but i love having this better body!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I enjoy it...though, I enjoy the exercise much, much more.
  • vinlop
    vinlop Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Some aspects of dieting are fun, like looking at yourself in the mirror knowing what you looked like before. But overall, I sometimes find it to be obsessive. I know that's not really a healthy way to look at it, but when I diet, I obsess about it. I check my weight every day, I always stay under by calorie goal (sometimes too far under), I am constantly thinking about fitness and looking at others who are fit, etc. I think this obsession might somehow prevent me from giving in to temptations like all the nasty food I used to eat. My problem is going to be after I reach my goal weight. Not sure how I'm going to maintain.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy exercising and eating healthily, especially since finding MFP. So yes. But I don't consider this a "diet". It is a lifestyle, and I'm really enjoying it!
  • Flemstica
    Flemstica Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love this site, but I HATE "dieting"!!! While on one hand counting calories makes me feel more empowered and in control, on the other hand it makes me feel trapped and hungry, lol.