Lunch/Snack ideas low in fat and sodium

Options
I just started tracking my food this week. While I have done well as far as my calories, I noticed that I always go over on fat and sodium. I have to pack a lunch and only have about 20 minutes to eat. I usually take something to go for breakfast in the morning because I have to leave my house at 6:30AM. I also usually have an afternoon snack before dinner. Any ideas on low-fat, low-sodium snacks and lunch foods?

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    hello- how about whole foods- I mean fruit, veggies, eggs, etc. I like stirfry with lots of veggie and a little lean protein.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I buy no salt added tuna and make a tuna wrap.

For snacks, I do 8 unsalted roasted almonds in the morning and hummus with vegetables in the afternoon.

I am sodium restricted. My diary is open, if you want to take a look.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, salads, fresh mozzarella snack packs, raw veggies, fruits....
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Cook extra for dinner or on the weekends and put in the fridge/freezer so you have snacks available during the day.

It is o.k. to go over on fat. :)
  • SciWhiz
    SciWhiz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Snacks-tuna, dried figs, roasted edamame with sea salt, fruit chunks (pineapple, canteloupe, honeydew), apple, banana, low sodium deli meat and sliced cheese wrap

Lunch-brown rice, steamed veggies, lean protein such as chicken. Salad with chicken, black beans, carrots, bell pepper, sprinkle of cheese, go easy on any dressing, skip the extras such as croutons.