Things people do that annoy you in WalMart

Options
_John_
_John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
Letting their kids create havoc all through the store is probably tops for me.

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    We don't have any WalMarts in Seattle. I had assumed they'd gone out of business, but this thread implies that's not the case.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Walmart in general annoys me.
  • dmwh142
    dmwh142 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Why is it a magnet for creepy people? A few years ago a new Walmart was built near the neighborhood I moved into. I felt safe going there after dark...not anymore all the creepy people have found it. People really should wear actual clothing that covers them and men should not keep their eyes on you for so long...creeeeeepy.
  • cfritchley26
    cfritchley26 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Teenagers...I live in a small town so a lot of teens spend time at Walmart just walking around and messing with other people doing their shopping. This last weekend when I went there was a group of boys who followed me around the entire store narrating what I was doing...I wasn't in the mood.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Months ago I was in Walmart with my husband in the audio-video department. There was a guy standing next to us looking at the CD's. Sooo out of the blue a very loud sound. It sounded like the horn call from Planet Of The Apes. Repeated over and over. The trumpet sound. We all looked at eachother and crack the kitten up. Soo funny. We still didn't know what this sound was, or where it was coming from. At first it sounded like a german air raid siren and then I said no. Thats the sound of the call horn from Planet Of The Apes. :D
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I avoid all this by never going to Walmart. Ever
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    People in their pajamas.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    People in their pajamas.

I only shop there when I'm commando in gym shorts, t-shirt and crocs...

Oh, and I know by starting a walmart thread, that I have created an avenue for people to feel better about themselves by looking down at others. I just wanted those who have posted as such so far and future posters to know that this was intended, and I hope I have contributed to your mental well-being.

I'm actually having trouble coming up with ideas that are strictly confined to the patrons and not the store itself.
  • futureicon
    futureicon Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I've never been to a WalMart when there wasn't a child being spanked and screamed at, either in the parking lot or in the store somewhere
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Whatever it is that causes the restroom to smell like satan's bowel.

Also, I live in Nevada, and I used to live near a Walmart convenient to artists and hippies and hipsters and partiers and lots of very cool and sophisticated folks traveling to Burning Man. I hated seeing them in Walmart. They were soooooo above Walmart, but, you know, gotta do what you gotta do on the way to an elitist arts festival for super authentic people. So self conscious. Putting on a performance. Ridiculing poor folk.

Disclaimer: There are lots of great people who attend Burning Man. And I never go to Walmart.
  • dale050467
    dale050467 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    People who stop and chat in the middle of the aisle. Move your *kitten* to the side or go somewhere else if you feel the need to socialize. Other people do exist.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    The fact that they are the largest UT merchandiser when most people shopping at Walmart couldn't spell UT.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    We don't have any WalMarts in Seattle. I had assumed they'd gone out of business, but this thread implies that's not the case.

The day Wal*Mart goes out of business is the day the town I grew up in for half my life goes belly up, lol. They rely on the massive income that Wal*Mart pulls in to fund most of the things in the town, including the schools and local businesses.
  • mattdhall
    mattdhall Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I hate when they set the dog food on fire
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I don't care how people dress as long as I'm not seeing sexual organs. You can be in a robe and pajama pants and I'm like whatever floats your boat.

My biggest annoyance is Walmart not staffing properly. Obviously it's a popular store. They can see their sales. Why are there only 2 cashiers on a Friday night after normal business hours? Then you figure you'll go to self check out and there is always some douche with 100 items trying to check out! Clearly the sign says under 15 items (or maybe 10). You know you're wrong rolling up in there with 2 buggies full of frozen Hungry Man meals!

I try to stay out of there as much as possible, but I'm a night owl and they are usually the only store open.