Where can I put in my RMR?

Options
This morning I participated in a University study that gave me my RMR. Does MFP allow me to manually input this value?

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    There is no specific place to record that data. Some users place information like that along with the date on their Profile page. If you put it there, you have to log in using the web version to edit the Profile page.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I think unless you fall way out from the median i.e. are an outlier, there's no real benefit/need to doing so. If you want to just record it for your own info you could do as above or write it in a note on your phone/in your diary etc.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,943 Member
    Options
    How does it compare to the straight up Mifflin StJeor value MFP uses and which can be found @ http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmr-calculator

Sedentary is defined as 1.25x that value
    Lightly active 1.4x, active 1.6x, very active 1.8x

If you have your own value you can now predict how far "off" you can expect to be from mfp's prediction... assuming that your activity factor choice does not create a larger error....
  • DrOcasio
    DrOcasio Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks Pav8888. Using your link, my personal RMR is 71 calories more than the Mifflin StJeor value ;)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,129 Member
    Options
    IslaReina wrote: »
    Thanks Pav8888. Using your link, my personal RMR is 71 calories more than the Mifflin StJeor value ;)

Cool, then you get to have an extra _ _ _ _ _ _ to eat!!

You can change your daily calories allotted by going to MY HOME>Goals and then Edit in the first box titled Daily Nutrition Goals.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,129 Member
    Options
    ...or you could just use that 71 calories as an error-factor, because your logging will be off by at least that much every day.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,943 Member
    Options
    ...or you could just use that 71 calories as an error-factor, because your logging will be off by at least that much every day.

17 to 56 extra calories a day, depending on activity factor... assuming that food intake is calculated correctly!!!

To the OP: what it means is that if your weight results OVER TIME do not appear to be correct and do not appear to correspond to your food and exercise logging.... the logging as opposed to your metabolism would be the first suspects :wink: