Where do you guys get your workout plans?

Options
jdb3388
jdb3388 Posts: 239 Member
edited April 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I am in the process of cutting weight, so I need a workout plan that will be conducive to that. I have been in and out of weigh rooms my whole life and I know what to do but I just am not good at pairing things together. Is there a site I can go to that I basically tell it what I'm trying to do and it will just give me a list of what to do and how many sets and reps to do for say, like, 4 days a week? What are your suggestions?

Also, I am doing cardio separate, so I am just looking for lifting.

Replies

• determined_14
    determined_14 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I love StrongLifts 5x5 and www.fitnessblender.com.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I'm looking out the window right now, and the sun is shining, so I plan to go home after work and ride my bike for an hour.
  • joaniebalonie088
    joaniebalonie088 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I like the plans section on bodybuilding.com
    There are lots of options and there are videos to help you dial in your form :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    For the weight room, my trainer. For cycling, I just do my own thing for the most part, but my trainer will give me more structure when I'm training for a race or something.
  • mhwitt74
    mhwitt74 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight then hit the cardio! An hour on the treadmill will do wonders! If it's nice out then an hour brisk walk outdoors.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    jdb3388 wrote: »
    I am in the process of cutting weight, so I need a workout plan that will be conducive to that. I have been in and out of weigh rooms my whole life and I know what to do but I just am not good at pairing things together. Is there a site I can go to that I basically tell it what I'm trying to do and it will just give me a list of what to do and how many sets and reps to do for say, like, 4 days a week? What are your suggestions?

Mine has evolved over the past 33 years. :)
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I use fitness tubes. I started with some exercises off of the manufacturer's website (Theragear) but found that 1) the exercises were in no particular order and I couldn't tell what was appropriate for a beginner. 2) Most exercises required another piece of equipment (door attachment) that I hadn't purchased. So I went onto YouTube and found a 4-exercise Zeus Fitness workout. Two exercises I could do right away (biceps and arm extensions). One for triceps I was able to do off the Theragear site. A couple of weeks ago I bit the bullet and got the door attachment. Now I do the full Zeus workout. Plus either a 60-minute minimum walk (usually more) or 50 minutes on a fitness glider.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,419 Member
    Options
    Lots of good info in this thread:

Which lifting program is best for you
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I got mine from Nintendo.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    For cycling, GCN has some good workout videos on YouTube. And you can't beat the price.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Lots of good info in this thread:

Which lifting program is best for you

I write my own programs or I hire my coach, lately it's been the former.

Having said that, the linked thread above is great if you're looking for pre-written stuff.
  • strifechick
    strifechick Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    jdb3388 wrote: »

I second this motion! If you every find anything decent could you fill me in!
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    10 minute elliptical with resistance
    Stronglift 5x5
    Leg press
    Leg curls
    Leg raises
    Chest press machine
    Shoulder press machine
    Seated row
    Tricep push down with rope
    Bicep curl with rope
    Jumping rope 10 minutes

I also walk at least 30 minutes a day.

I also increase the weight of whatever I'm doing once it gets easy)

My reps are 2 sets of 12 and I do rest in between

I don't do everything In one day I do separate upper body and lower body.
  • JacobNicolaus
    JacobNicolaus Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    darebee.com is my pick.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I get a blend from different sources:

NAVSPECWAR Physical Training Guide
    Stronglifts
    YouTube
    SpartanRace guides

Depends on what goal I'm looking to hit.