SAMSUNG

Options
Sloonsfoot3
Sloonsfoot3 Posts: 18 Member
Does anyone else use Samung for their steps? I use S health and a Gear fit 2. I am looking for my friends to add to my S health as well as friends on here! :) happy stepping!

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I have an iPhone, not a Samsung... but I use my phone for my steps as well. Welcome to MFP!
  • minnie84
    minnie84 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else use Samung for their steps? I use S health and a Gear fit 2. I am looking for my friends to add to my S health as well as friends on here! :) happy stepping!

I use s7edge and gear 2 hunn n s health add me if u want xx
  • notmy600lblife
    notmy600lblife Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use Samsung for my steps! :) I used to have a fitbit, but wanted a smartwatch so I got a Gear S2. PM if you want to be step buddies!
  • smarie210
    smarie210 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a samsung and gear 2. My gear steps don't show on MFP
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    smarie210 wrote: »
    I have a samsung and gear 2. My gear steps don't show on MFP

@smarie210
    In the app (if updated) you should be able to selwct sHealth now as a step source. They added it within the last month or so and there was a blog post earlier this month announcing that they are working with samsung now. There is even an app for the gear.

• smarie210
    smarie210 Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Its connected to my gear but on the MFP on my Samsung it shows zero steps.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

That is odd. :/
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Oh ME ME ME! I do. Lol. I love my gear fit 2 but don't know many other ppl who have one.
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    Options

Make sure you go to the setting on both apps....mfp and shealth and select the data they can share (under steps in mfp and under setting in shealth)
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I use a Samsung Gear S3 with S Health
  • bingram39
    bingram39 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use Samsung with a GearS2 for SHealth/steps and a Fitbit Alta.
  • wlock75
    wlock75 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I use a Gear S2 and S Health.
  • Adrisn
    Adrisn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have a Gear S3, but don't see the App in MFP. Would anybody please let me know how to get the APP? thank you
  • Dc_United305
    Dc_United305 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I use a shealth you can add me
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    In the MFP app under the Steps option in the menu bar is either S Health or Gear (if it's available) selected?

• DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options

Sometimes it will deselect itself. If I notice that it's showing zero steps, I go back in and make sure that S Health is checked as my step counter. My Gear S2 syncs to S Health and my S Health (activity) syncs to MFP. It does a decent job of importing my basic step count and my runs, but will not log a walk as "exercise" in MFP. It will just count as steps, even though walking is in the MFP exercise database.

S Health and MFP does a terrible job syncing food on a daily basis, but the weekly summaries usually have calorie expenditures as well as inputs that line up pretty well with what MFP says, so it much be syncing at some point, but not showing up on the dashboard.

You have to go into the settings for S Health and MFP and make sure that you allow read/write access on both sides for it to sync properly. I wish that I remembered how to do it, it took some trial and error to get mine to work, but I just played with the settings until it was good to go.