Birthdays

Options

Replies

• Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    For me the only BD number I remember bothering me was 39, but that was 30 years ago.

I like being 69!
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    It was 30 for me. 40 didn't bother me so much and 45 is coming up this year and I couldn't care less. 50 might make me cry though!
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    For @Tayykisses PLEASE watch this!

From movie Lost in America, one of my favorite scenes!

https://youtu.be/d7JNUH7P2Aw

That was some good acting I kept waiting for a punch line but I guess the 35 dollars at the end was enough. Thought they were going to say that she was like 50k down or something heh
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    IVMay wrote: »

That was some good acting I kept waiting for a punch line but I guess the 35 dollars at the end was enough. Thought they were going to say that she was like 50k down or something heh

She lost their "Nest Egg"... they had liquidated ALL their assets to travel across America, first stop was Vegas! Hilarity ensues. One of my favorite movies.
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    IVMay wrote: »

She lost their "Nest Egg"... they had liquidated ALL their assets to travel across America, first stop was Vegas! Hilarity ensues. One of my favorite movies.

Oh LOL that's terrible.
    Sounds like a good comedy.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i'll be 41 in July i don't mind every year alive is worth it...me and my cousin still hit the bar a couple of times a year as if we were in our 20's except now we don't go there to drink our self silly...so i guess we are a little more grown up then before..
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    30 for me as well. But there was also some *kitten* going on in my life at the time that made it worse.
    40 and 50 were meh.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I'm 58, and enjoying every minute.

In our family, the philosophy is: Find an age that you like and stay with it.

This is in agreement with the infallible Oscar Wilde, who has a character say, in The Importance of Being Earnest:

Lady Bracknell: ...Thirty-five is a very attractive age. London society is full of women of the very highest birth who have, of their own free choice, remained thirty-five for years. Lady Dumbleton is an instance in point. To my own knowledge she has been thirty-five ever since she arrived at the age of forty, which was many years ago now.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Tayykisses wrote: »
    Question....

Has anyone had a birthday that just REALLY bothered them? Like, they didn't want to turn that age AT ALL? If so, what age was it??

Because, I know it's young...but I turn 22 in a month and I am BEYOND upset about it. Like, I do NOT like the sound of it, or thought of it. Lol

I think 25 was a transition year for me, though I cannot remember why. 40 was also weird, but 45 was a tough year overall for me.
  • liftingmomlife
    liftingmomlife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm kindof getting that feeling this year. I'll be 26 and I just keep thinking, "I'm on the downside of my 20's!" I'm closer to 30 now than 20 and I'm not at all sure how to feel about it lol
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I think every year after 15 bc I really wanted to be a pop star and still do but the older you get the less likely that is to happen. Perhaps I can make a virtual musical group like the Gorillaz, there's always that.
  • BalerionTheBlackDread
    BalerionTheBlackDread Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Mad about turning 30 this year. Happy that i look younger than my young bros who are early twenties tho :smiley:
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    It's weird what a mere number can make us feel. Go celebrate cause it's your special day!!! the numbers will always increase but that's all they are....numbers. It's what you make of it that counts. Don't let the number scare you just have fun
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    36 for me. I think. It's been a while, lol.

Guessing that 40 next year is going to be hard.
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    I would say 20...for reasons I'm not gonna explain
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    My 30th birthday was hard. Nothing went right all day. Plans that were made ended up getting cancelled, people bailed, etc. I hated it.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    I turn 37 next week. I feel just kind of meh about it.
  • princess0lexi
    princess0lexi Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    i was not happy about my last birthday i want to stay young :'(5mofspugda3g.jpg
    4z15it6jkwil.jpg