Triathlon Friends?

I'm looking for friends in general but anyone with triathlon experience would be a great addition. I'm currently training for my first solo and hoping to stay motivated along the way.

Replies

• rgonzales666
    rgonzales666 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello, Reynaldo here. I'm in the same
    boat. I'm training for my first triathlon this year, and looking to find friends who are also into doing this. Unfortunately I haven't been able to convince any of my friends to join me in this sport. I've got a regular weekly workout routine but need to work on optimizing that and also on improving my nutrition. Hopefully we can share some tips and experiences if you want.
    -Reynaldo
  • dlinace
    dlinace Posts: 27 Member
    Hello, Reynaldo here. I'm in the same
    boat. I'm training for my first triathlon this year, and looking to find friends who are also into doing this. Unfortunately I haven't been able to convince any of my friends to join me in this sport. I've got a regular weekly workout routine but need to work on optimizing that and also on improving my nutrition. Hopefully we can share some tips and experiences if you want.
    -Reynaldo

Great to meet you! What kind of training program are you using?
  • Hazelthecat11
    Hazelthecat11 Posts: 25 Member
    I just finished my first a few hours ago!!! I only have a little experience but I learned a lot!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    feel free to friend me - been a triathlete for many years with races of all distances under my belt
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    I've done some. There's a good group with very experienced people who I've learned from: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/88-triathletes-duathletes
  • badgergrl_247
    badgergrl_247 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I am new to triathlons as well. I completed my first sprint last year only to be sideline for over a year for an unexpected hip injury which required surgery and months of rehab. I am healthy and looking forward to a summer filled with new learning experiences. Please feel free to send me a friend request. Would love to have experienced as well as new triathletes to support and learn from.
  • chicagodedee
    chicagodedee Posts: 2 Member
    I do triathlons as well! I've completed a couple sprints and an olympic in the last two years...and decided to take on a half-ironman this year (yikes!). I'm still learning a TON! Feel free to friend me as well.
  • Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    I am also training for my first Sprint Triathlon. Feeling very nervous and would love to have some company as well.
  • turkeytrotter
    turkeytrotter Posts: 35 Member
    I've been doing tri's for 7 years now. I started from a position of not exercising at all. Friend me if you're still looking for friends.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    I'm mainly a cyclist at the moment, but I have done tri's in the past and still swim a couple of times per week. Anyone training for anything is always free to add me.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Hi! I've done a couple and have another one this weekend. I don't really have a training schedule, I just do what I can, when I can. I'm not the competitive type :smiley: