What's your motivation?

Options
What is your best motivation?! Picture this;

You're on the treadmill minute 27 going for 30. On rep 8 going for 10. Lost 17 pound going for 25. Brought all your meals for the day, then someone from work brings doughnuts.
In all these instances what do YOU tell yourself to keep on course?

Anything; a quote, picture, event, saying, reminder... let us hear is and inspire everyone

Replies

• owa1s
    owa1s Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Just believe in yourself. If one plan doesn't work then try another but u only fail when u quit. Look at the people who have lost hundred of pounds and then ask urself what is stopping you why can't u do it if someone else can. Nothing is possible until someone does it . So don't listen to naysayers, make a plan and go all out that's it.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    20th wedding anniversary coming up. Want to be in the best shape possible. :)
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My best motivation right now is how much better I feel today compared to a month ago!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    If she can run I can refuse a doughnut. Do an extra few minutes. Lift a few more reps.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_CovO788EZNvP3rweir-X2JuV6pY-GGhSN0IIZ82a6kaA8-Zkk7v3q037n3o8.png
  • Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Right now my biggest motivation is the fact that I barely have any pictures of myself with my kids. I always want to take pictures with them but as soon as I see the picture, I delete it because I look so bad.
    I just want to feel comfortable in pictures again.
  • BHFF
    BHFF Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    My wife and son!
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    1. That I can have a donut if I want it and am hungry. But lately a donut won't make me feel good so I skip it based on that.
    2. I want to feel good in my clothes, regardless of size. I don't want to feel bloated, or need to cover my belly or wonder if someone might ask if I am expecting.
    3. My husband, he is one hot mothereffer and I would like to stay super hot with him :)
    4. My kids, I have 3 active and amazing children and I want to show them what good health looks like. Plus keep up with them!
    5. Colorado! I love this state and want to be able to see all it has to offer, some of that includes hiking 6 miles up a mountain to stand at the top. I have to be in shape to do it.
    6. To feel better. When I am eating well and working out I feel amazing! I sleep better, my sex life is better, my body feels better and that is worth it.
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Right now my biggest motivation is the fact that I barely have any pictures of myself with my kids. I always want to take pictures with them but as soon as I see the picture, I delete it because I look so bad.
    I just want to feel comfortable in pictures again.

We are our own worst critics and I am sorry you feel this way. Regardless of weight or what a scale says I do hope you start to feel comfortable in pictures. You are a beautiful woman and from one mother to another, take the picture and keep it, even if you hide it for now -- your kids will be forever thankful. <3

• officials
    officials Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a tendency to overthink, so I work on taking action instead.

- Breathing, then walking away and focusing on something else.
    - Tell myself that this is /my/ journey, it's about me, not anyone else. This makes me feel kinda special.
    - My family and people that are important to me.
    - My friends since I'm seeing them all soon
    - The approaching summer...!!!!
    - I imagine going shopping for new clothes and I imagine my new body, then go online to look at clothes I want
    - Family events
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    I've done this much, I can keep going. I'm only accountable to myself, so I may even have a donut and either adjust my cals around it or adjust my timeline.
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I imagine myself running into someone I haven't seen in many years -- maybe from high school or college. How do I want to feel? Confident & proud or self-conscious & uncomfortable? Works every time I need a little extra kick!
  • STEPH3d
    STEPH3d Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When I first began my weight loss journey my motivation was to fit into the pile of size 6 and 8 clothing I had laying on the floor. I met that goal and eventually lost enough that I needed even smaller sizes. Now my motivation is accomplishing fitness goals such as running a mile non stop. I have to keep creating new fitness goals for motivation because it's more fun and meaningful than reaching/keeping some number on the scale. I will say that maintaining can be a struggle if you force yourself to weigh a certain amount. I am enjoying my new body and ability to move and how creative I can get with my goals.
  • 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I just look around or think about at 95% of the 50 year olds around me on a daily basis. I don't want the middle age spread / belly and feel like crap, eat crap and struggle to get out of a chair. I may look older and grizzled but I'm staying lean and chiseled. Plus I have a picture of Frank Zane in my home gym .. heh