My "Success" So Far - I'm not done yet!

Options
So I haven't posted my journey in a while. I've had so many ups and downs. I started at 244 pounds. After I had my daughter I worked hard and got down to almost 157. I had previously posted my success story. Well after that, I got pregnant again in 2013 and went back up to 210. Yikes! After I had my baby the weight just stayed on and wouldn't come off. Finally in the past year the scale has started to move again and I am back down to 169. I would love to get down to 130 pounds, so that is my goal.

My weight was lost through meal planning, following MFP calorie suggestions, tracking my calories burned (with various things over the years, BodyMediaFit, Polar FT4 and FT7 heart rate monitors, Jawbone UP24, and currently Fitbit Charge HR), working out at the YMCA, and at home workout programs.7vzr92p14o3g.jpg

I love coming here and reading all of the success stories and thought maybe this could motivate someone because, you WILL have ups and downs. You just can't let things get you down. You'll have bad days and weeks. Just don't give up.

One thing that has helped me tremendously through the years is my blog, Cardio and Kids It helps keep me accountable.

I would absolutely LOVE to have some new friends, so please feel free to add me. We can help one another! Feel free to ask me any questions. This picture is not really a before and after, it is a before and during, because I'm not there yet, but I will be! Picture on the left is 5 years ago at 244 pounds (ish) and the right is me 2 weeks ago.

Replies

• 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Wow. Jaw dropped.
  • Fittingitforever
    Fittingitforever Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My story is a lot like yours only I'm still at post-baby #2 weight (I had lost 50 between baby 1 and 2). Ready for that to change!
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation!
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    My story is a lot like yours only I'm still at post-baby #2 weight (I had lost 50 between baby 1 and 2). Ready for that to change!

Having babies really throws a curveball to life doesn't it? It's been a daily struggle for me but I wouldn't change it because they are worth it.
  • lifeisahighway
    Options
    Wow. Jaw dropped.

Thanks!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great job!
  • BaddS4
    BaddS4 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Such great work!!! Take a bow and be proud.. THAT is what it's all about right there!! Congratulations on your success so far!!!
  • lifeisahighway
    Options
    Congratulations! Great job!

Thank you!
  • lifeisahighway
    Options
    BaddS4 wrote: »
    Wow!! Such great work!!! Take a bow and be proud.. THAT is what it's all about right there!! Congratulations on your success so far!!!

Thank you!
  • melissawill2017
    melissawill2017 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and should definitely feel proud of your accomplishments. You'll definitely reach your goals and help to inspire others as you do!
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Amazing success! Congrats.
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Great job <3
  • lifeisahighway
    Options
    You look amazing and should definitely feel proud of your accomplishments. You'll definitely reach your goals and help to inspire others as you do!

Thank you. I hope I do inspire others. So many have inspired me!
  • kmg3614
    kmg3614 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and you never gave up! There is a lot to be said about that!
  • fightorflight12
    fightorflight12 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Forget just jaw dropped. More like jaw broken from the impact..

You look amazing! I'm at 168lbs. Desperate to lose it but struggling so much :(
  • fightorflight12
    fightorflight12 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Keep going though! You can reach your goal! X
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • chesitymcgeestiff
    chesitymcgeestiff Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great job girl you can add me
  • lifeisahighway
    Options
    Forget just jaw dropped. More like jaw broken from the impact..

You look amazing! I'm at 168lbs. Desperate to lose it but struggling so much :(

Thanks! I'm at 168 now too! I'm struggling but gotta keep pushing.
  • lifeisahighway
    Options
    Keep going though! You can reach your goal! X

Thank you! I'm definitely not stopping.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!