Stopped losing

Options
I don't know much about how this works. I've been eating 1,500 calories a day or as little as 1,200. I lost 20 pounds but two weeks ago stopped. I did lose physical inches though. Should I be worried? Is it time to cut more calories? I did have an odd menstruation last week that was heavy for a few days, stopped for about 5 and came back another day very light. Any thoughts would be helpful. At what point do I cut calories?

Replies

• sarraheclark
    sarraheclark Posts: 125 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Don't be worried, things like this will happen over time. If you have lost 20 lbs, it's obvious that MFP is working for you and you are doing things right! Stick to the plan :smile:

I plateaued for 4 weeks (total of 0.3lb lost in a month when I would have generally lost over 5) and I had not changed my calorie intake or work out routine. It didn't make much sense to me. While it was COMPLETELY FRUSTRATING, I was noticing a physical change in my appearance- which is what I am really hoping for anyway. Held strong with goals and am now back to losing at a steady rate again.
  • Hlhunley1863
    Hlhunley1863 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I thought maybe I was doing something wrong!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! I stalled for over 3 months back and forth on the same 4 pounds. I had been losing steadily for a year. Then all of a sudden the weight started coming off again. It's just how our bodies work. Many will tell you that you are eating too much and you definately need to be very careful with your logging but my experience was that it really was just a stall. I ate at maintenance for a week and then lowered my expectations to lose only half a pound a week (I'm on my last 20 of 95) and finally it started to drop again. I'm back to 1200 cals and seeing progress once more.
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    It's normal weight loss isn't linear.
  • Hlhunley1863
    Hlhunley1863 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help! The scale finally budged today. :) I know many people recommend a 1,200 calorie a day diet but I honestly have never had luck keeping that going (always hungry) I was so happy when I started losing and keeping up with the 1500 one, I'm scared to scale it back but I know I'll have to at some point. (I do have hypothyroidism but I was losing almost like clockwork before.)
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    you may need to adjust your calories according to your workouts , I usually lose with a net of 1000k a day
    I will eat 1600 and burn 600 , if I burn 1000 and eat 1200 the plateau will start
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. It's so frustrating. It's going to be 4 weeks now since the scale is not budging after losing 12 lbs. I know what I'm doing and I'm not eating more than I should and still nothing. Bah!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    BootCampC wrote: »
    you may need to adjust your calories according to your workouts , I usually lose with a net of 1000k a day
    I will eat 1600 and burn 600 , if I burn 1000 and eat 1200 the plateau will start

Males should never net 1000.... that's even low for females.