what embarrassing moment made you want to lose weight?

Options
Mine was when i split my pants at work when bending down to get something. I decided to start exercising and watching what i ate. What was yours? Also add me as your friend if you like.

Replies

• owa1s
    owa1s Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I just didn't like my body and I wanted to be strong
  • dawson002
    dawson002 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    comments here and there from work colleagues and family
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I weighed more than my grandma! Granted I am 5 inches taller but still.
  • kimhoward81
    kimhoward81 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think for me it was when I went to go put on my pants and they slipped on easier than they usually do and there was no struggling to button the things like normal. However, I realized the issue when the bottom of the pants were about a foot shorter than normal. These were not MY pants, but my sisters, who is, or at least used to be, two sizes bigger than me. And they were comfy! :( I knew I had gained a little bit of weight, but I didn't realize, or didn't want to realize, it had been two full sizes. I had to change the way I was eating and living right away. I did NOT want to get any bigger!!!
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    ...-Not being able to wipe my own behind because my arms were too short
    That was actually a big (pardon the pun) fear of mine as I was getting heavier.
  • dfranch
    dfranch Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I went to a party and ate so much I was sick for the next 24 hours (had to call in sick to work). The next day I couldn't really eat much. Once I felt better, I just kept eating less. After a week or 2 I started logging on MFP.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    ...-Not being able to wipe my own behind because my arms were too short
    That was actually a big (pardon the pun) fear of mine as I was getting heavier.

I was there twice. It isn't fun. Especially when you have to look your wife in the eyes knowing she does the laundry.
  • lron69
    lron69 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So many embarrassing little moments and feeling so unhappy and uncomfortable. But the kicker for me was a bone spur and achilles damage to my foot and being too scared to have the surgery for fear that I'll die. Also not being able to put weight on it for 4-5 weeks which means I'll have to be on a blood thinner because I'm "somewhat overweight" (nice of the dr to put it mildly). How on earth will I be able to shift my weight around while I'm recovering?
    And realizing i have no life outside of work, can't go hiking with my son or shopping with my friends. I can't continue on like this, I'm almost 50!
  • Tsmith87
    Tsmith87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I went to the doctor last week and saw the number in the scale after avoiding the scale for almost a year. I could barely pay attention to what she was telling me because all I could see is that number.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Some might say I "yo-yo", but each time I rebound I only gain about half of my losses back before something inspires me to re-start.

The first time I started I was approaching 300 pounds, and I REALLY didn't want my weight to start with "3".

Another time I re-started was during a spike in my business travel, and I REALLY didn't want to inconvenience people in my row on the airplane.

Most recently, after throwing out pairs of "fat pants" during my previous campaign, I REALLY didn't want to go buy those bigger-size pants back. "Lotta work!"
  • veronikamellon
    veronikamellon Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I had to use a rubber band to fasten my pants. From there it was a decision of either buying new pants, or losing weight. I chose the latter.