Does that make me crazy?

Options

Replies

• glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I always eat jaffa cakes in the right way, how I eat them makes them taste better, other people eat them wrong and thus they are insane and have no clue. I like them more than anyone else because they taste better to me.....not crazy at all..........................

what in the hell is a jaffa cake?
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I always eat jaffa cakes in the right way, how I eat them makes them taste better, other people eat them wrong and thus they are insane and have no clue. I like them more than anyone else because they taste better to me.....not crazy at all..........................

/quote] jaffa cakes yummy there was a debate whether it was a biscuit or a cake its a cake as it is moist.Its soft sponge with a jaffa orange jelly lid that is covered in dark choc on the top only.Theres only one way to eat it you nibble all the way round the sponge leaving the orange jelly intact then you devour the jelly circle in one go.Oh and its very low in calories.....bliss
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 years old and I'm still afraid of what's under my bed at night. :embarassed: I have a flashlight on my night stand and usually shine it on the area near my feet before I get into bed but lately I've started laying it on the floor so the light shines under the bed because it's easier to get undressed if I'm not holding the flashlight.
  • occasionalgypsy
    Options
    Many veggies I love to eat raw like carrots just cannot be eaten once cooked because the texture isn't right.
  • shelleilei
    shelleilei Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I HAVE to have the T.V. volume (or any kind of volume) set on an odd number.
  • shelleilei
    shelleilei Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    When I buy socks and wear them for the first time, from the first time I put them on til they wear out, they will forever stay a left or right sock.....and I can't wear socks/sneakers without putting lotion on my feet first.

I am the exact same way! And my 6 year old son is too!
  • ahartery9891
    ahartery9891 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I get frustrated when people walk on the wrong side of the sidewalk/hall or don't use both doors.

I hate marshmallows but will eat them over the fire.

I cringe when I see kids digging in the sand with their fingers... the sand under their nails is too painful for me to watch!
  • sara_rose
    sara_rose Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    When I was a little girl we had very little money so my mom would make homemade bread all the time. Well, if any of you have ever had homemade bread (which is completely delightful), you know that it does have a tendency to fall apart. So, making a sandwich with two slices of homemade bread is a bit of a nightmare. I used to cry and cry when my sandwich fell apart. Well, it still drives me absolutely up the wall. I can't stand it it when all my delicious sandwich fillings fall all over my plate. I also have a mini temper tantrum when I burn toast. I don't know why it bothers me so much. I am 28 years old, married, and have two kids and it still is one of the most frustrating things that I can think of. :explode:
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I only like onion rings. All other forms of onion can stay off my plate, thanks.

I am the same f.ucking way! hah. Onion rings or blooms. Everything else. nooo.

Yea. I don't like seeing *'s for letters.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options

/quote] jaffa cakes yummy there was a debate whether it was a biscuit or a cake its a cake as it is moist.Its soft sponge with a jaffa orange jelly lid that is covered in dark choc on the top only.Theres only one way to eat it you nibble all the way round the sponge leaving the orange jelly intact then you devour the jelly circle in one go.Oh and its very low in calories.....bliss

wha?
  • ahartery9891
    ahartery9891 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    When I was a little girl we had very little money so my mom would make homemade bread all the time. Well, if any of you have ever had homemade bread (which is completely delightful), you know that it does have a tendency to fall apart. So, making a sandwich with two slices of homemade bread is a bit of a nightmare. I used to cry and cry when my sandwich fell apart. Well, it still drives me absolutely up the wall. I can't stand it it when all my delicious sandwich fillings fall all over my plate. I also have a mini temper tantrum when I burn toast. I don't know why it bothers me so much. I am 28 years old, married, and have two kids and it still is one of the most frustrating things that I can think of. :explode:

I KNOW!!! My mom makes home made bread too and even though I have moved out, I still cut it extra thick so this doesn't happen when I have some :) Wonderbread is USELESS. lol
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what is on the plate, if there is a potato (mashed, baked etc)
    I eat that first.
    HATE the sound of a fork on a plate (SCREEEEEEEEECHHHHHH) ARGH!!!!!!
    (or bowl in spoon for that matter) BUT, nails on a chalkboard don't bother me.
    Can't stand it when some1 touches my food--I always ask DH if he's washed his hands first if he's getting it for me.
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I like to mix food together, so I am opposite from pretty much everyone. For instance if I have fish, rice and broccoli for lunch, I throw them in a bowl and eat all in one thing. Also when I have dressing on salad.. it has to be evenly distributed. So I will "stir" my salad until it is evenly coated with everything.

If I have someone over who is a spoon/fork grinder, I make them use plastic. Metal against teeth is HORRID to me.

I don't like things crispy or hard, so usually after a meal I have 1/4 a plate full of crust, crispy edges of what I ate, etc.

I "tear" things that are finger foods like sandwiches, bagels and pizza, rather than biting into them.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 years old and I'm still afraid of what's under my bed at night. :embarassed: I have a flashlight on my night stand and usually shine it on the area near my feet before I get into bed but lately I've started laying it on the floor so the light shines under the bed because it's easier to get undressed if I'm not holding the flashlight.

I can't hang my feet or arms over the edge of the bed because I will surely be pulled under the bed by a demon ... or at least that what I think. So don't feel embarrassed. I also don't leave my closet door or any my dresser drawers remain open at night for that reason. Nasties live there!
  • jinxywinx
    jinxywinx Posts: 38
    Options
    Also when I have dressing on salad.. it has to be evenly distributed. So I will "stir" my salad until it is evenly coated with everything.

Yes, I totally do the same thing.
  • squishyjenn
    squishyjenn Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    If someone gives me food/drink to try I have to sniff it first. Even if I know exactly what it is and trust the person giving it to me.

When I am at home alone I refuse to eat my steaks with a fork and knife. I tear it with my fingers or just pick it up and bite into it.

My milk has to be COLD. As in straight from the fridge cold. If it's been out for more than a minute or two I wont eat/drink it unless it's something I'm in the middle of eating, like cereal.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Also when I have dressing on salad.. it has to be evenly distributed. So I will "stir" my salad until it is evenly coated with everything.

Yes, I totally do the same thing.

Ditto^
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I can't fall asleep until some part of my body, either a foot or an arm, is hanging over the bed.

I fall asleep with a pillow under my head, but wake up with it on the floor. I still don't know how it happens.

I am not capable of performing any chore without headphones in my ears, be it washing the dishes or washing the floors.
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I will not eat any food prepared by my step kids, if my husband is making dinner and wants to get the kids involved helping him they are not allowed to prepare any of the food I am going to be eating. I also wont let my stepdaughter make me a cup of tea. This is partly pettiness on my part - the kids were so fussy when we got together I would serve up dinner and they would say ewww I am not eating that it looks disgusting - and partly because I have seen the places the two of them stick their fingers and really I don't want to share that thanks.
  • tubbytabbytales
    tubbytabbytales Posts: 5,883
    Options
    I'm so glad I never promised not to judge anyone. >.>