most filling snack?

Options
2»

Replies

• VlpW
    VlpW Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Fluffy peanut butter oatmeal. Whip an egg white into a 1/3 cup serving of oatmeal while it is hot. Then stir in some PB2 you have already mixed with water (I also add a little extra Splenda). Such a delicious carb/protein snack combo...seriously good! :)
  • postchrysalis
    postchrysalis Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt (Dannon Light & Fit, Oikos Triple Zero, Chobani Simply 100), Quaker Oats Instant Oatmeal, and boiled eggs are my go-to snacks when I need something low caloric and filling.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Since you like PB perhaps you might like mixing PB2 powder into some greek yogurt?
  • bensmom555
    bensmom555 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sugar free pudding cup (60-70 calories) with a spoon of cool whip.
    Saisfys the sweet tooth.
  • EmbeeKay
    EmbeeKay Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    PB2 powder in Greek yogurt is a great idea, @vegmebuff. I am seriously going to try that soon.

I freaking LOVE plain Greek yogurt as it helps me recreate things I'm craving, with few calories and extra protein. Lately a favorite snack is mixing a packet of Hidden Valley Harvest Dill dip mix into 16 oz plain Greek yogurt and dipping cucumber. Tastes like fattening veggie dip but it's not! It's got stuff like MSG and sodium but that's not a problem for me. :)
  • BlackCoffeeBabe
    BlackCoffeeBabe Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love a sliced apple with 15 grams of peanut or almond butter! <3
    A vegan protein shake (maybe made in the blender with a banana) can be good too.
    Round cucumber slices make a great low calorie cracker alternative if you have any low calorie, healthy dips (I dip them in a smokey white bean dip and sometimes top with sauerkraut).
    Carrot sticks and hummus are great too- or spiralise a carrot and mix in the hummus as a dressing if you want the same snack in a different form!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs and light string cheese fill me up.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Kirkland Protein bars are crazy filling. 21g protein, 15 g fiber, 1g sugar. Gluten free. Much better warmed in the microwave for a bit. 190 calories for the whole thing, and I've been cutting it in half to have two snacks.

I mostly eat real, whole food but these are seriously the most filling thing I've tried, and the calories are so reasonable. They do use artificial sweetener (erythritol).
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Making my meals bigger...
  • Rincewind_1965
    Rincewind_1965 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    water-melon
  • pendennis
    pendennis Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    500 mls of water and raw veggies like carrots, snap peas and celery.
  • bellesorrisa
    bellesorrisa Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Scotch eggs - I tend to use proscuitto instead of sausage.
  • minstine
    minstine Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    they all sound so good! Thanks!
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I make my own refried beans, so they don't have a whole lot of fat in them. But I use coconut oil, so they are very flavorful. You can Schmeer a quarter of a cup of refries over three corn tortillas and microwave them for one minute. Very filling, feels like junk food, and only 285 calories.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    For me, boiled potatoes. 250 grams of potatoes, peeled, quartered, and boiled in salty water with a whole onion (not eaten, just to flavor the water) and a couple of bay leaves with a tomato on the side is a low calorie snack (about 230 calories) that is as filling as a full meal.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    a hard-boiled egg (i eat one every day around 10AM and it gets me to lunch

A 1/4 cup of raw almonds

last night after the gym I was starving and I had a tablespoon of peanut butter spread over 1 half of an Arnolds sandwich thin and that filled me up
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Cheese stick and jerky