For girls (if guys want to comment too that's fine)

Options
elsie4560
elsie4560 Posts: 95 Member
Swim suits or bikinis ❤️ what's your fav? ✌️

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'd probably scare everyone off in a bikini (hello loose skin).

So swim suit. With a skirt.
  • turbostang7
    turbostang7 Posts: 1,352 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I just bought my first bikinis in like 10 years. I don't know if I'll be brave enough to wear them around others yet
  • elsie4560
    Options
    @Francl27 ooo swimsuit with a skirt that's cute!
  • elsie4560
    Options
    @turbostang7 I think you will look awesome you should own it
  • TheCounselorx
    TheCounselorx Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    uh ho...

1zyyi9ke781d.gif
  • elsie4560
    Options
    @Gimsteinn1 I do agree on that some swimsuits & bikinis can be quite tacky.
  • RamboKitty87
    RamboKitty87 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hey all :smile: I'm waiting to get down to a size UK 20 before I buy a swimsuit but I have already bookmarked the ones I would love to get and they are like full swimsuits but the bottom is either shorts or a skirt.... a few years back I was a size 22-24 UK and I would wear bikinis ( tank top and shorts style) and I didn't like them that much but I also did not like full swim suits with the normal bottom part as I was scared I would get wedges either side which would be so embarrassing... basically something like this:
    cxa03gkndlb6.jpg
    552.jpg 24.6K
  • Francl27
    Options
    Hey all :smile: I'm waiting to get down to a size UK 20 before I buy a swimsuit but I have already bookmarked the ones I would love to get and they are like full swimsuits but the bottom is either shorts or a skirt.... a few years back I was a size 22-24 UK and I would wear bikinis ( tank top and shorts style) and I didn't like them that much but I also did not like full swim suits with the normal bottom part as I was scared I would get wedges either side which would be so embarrassing... basically something like this:
    cxa03gkndlb6.jpg

I like this. Might be too form fitting for me though, as I carry fat in my hips. The ones I have are two like this so you don't see my hips as much

2325300_Eggplant_Purple?wid=800&hei=800&op_sharpen=1

• RamboKitty87
    RamboKitty87 Posts: 272 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    cxa03gkndlb6.jpg

I like this. Might be too form fitting for me though, as I carry fat in my hips. The ones I have are two like this so you don't see my hips as much

OMG! I love that so much! and purple is my favorite colour :smiley: I may have to go look on amazon and add it to my wish list haha!

P.S does it have like pants or something underneath? silly question I know but have to ask it lol
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Depends...if I'm going to family swim with the boy a swim suit.
    If I'll be mainly lounging by the pool or on vacay and playing in he ocean a bikini. Thst being said when I wear the bikini to lay by the pool and see people who I know from skating or curling I then feel.a bit awkward having them see me in essentially a bra and panties. but I have aome super cute bikinis so I dont really care
  • Francl27
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    cxa03gkndlb6.jpg

OMG! I love that so much! and purple is my favorite colour :smiley: I may have to go look on amazon and add it to my wish list haha!

P.S does it have like pants or something underneath? silly question I know but have to ask it lol

I got it from Kohls, it's their Croft and Barrow brand. It's just a regular swimsuit with a dress part over it. They don't make that exact model anymore but they have a few others.

https://www.kohls.com/search.jsp?search=swimdress&submit-search=web-regular
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I have both, so it really just depends on the cut of the suit and the pattern.

However, I will say I tend to like a lot of retro, high waisted bikinis. They're just cuter to me than something that leaves little to the imagination and usually have prints I like more than the whatever is popular for that particular summer. :)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I thought a bikini was a style of swim suit?

I think people should wear what makes them comfortable. A two piece suit is more convenient often than a one piece.
    I haven't worn a bikini since I was a toddler. I like the tank style suits better.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I have 3 bathing suits... one for swimming laps at the gym; that one is one piece. I have another one piece that has a little flare thing to it around the tummy. Then I have a two piece that is like a tank top so it covers my gut, and the bottoms are short shorts.
  • Drueru
    Drueru Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bikinis with swim trunks! I luv bikini tops. Even though I'm not bikini ready yet, I'm gonna wear em this year anyway! If ppl don't like it they can look the other way! >:)
  • liftingmomlife
    liftingmomlife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    seriously, as a guy...... a bikini and/or swimsuit looks better if its suits the body shape. I would prefer to see the skin rather than everything being squished into a suit and popping out through every gap. Even a larger female body looks nice unrestricted, you're all beautiful.... Stand Up For Skin!!

.... there.... I said it!...

^^ yes, this! but it really just depends on the bikini/suit itself and how it fits me.
  • kristidmatthews
    kristidmatthews Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a bit modest and prefer the two piece with the tighter skirt bottom. I'd love to wear a bikini but my thighs bother me, being all out there. :blush: