Stretch Marks with Derma Roller

Options
s3491d
s3491d Posts: 10 Member
edited April 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey y'all I'm starting this I'm so nervous but I've lost about 20lbs and I don't really have a lot of loose skin but I do have a lot of stretch marks! I'm only 20 so I decided to use a 1.5mm derma roller and hyaluronic acid and see where it takes me!
If y'all have any tips let me know please!

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I tried using that for about 6 months and didn't see an improvement in the look of them. The roller did wonders on a scar I had, but not stretch marks. Hopefully you will be luckier than I was.
  • s3491d
    Options
    After the first application they seem to look a little less red! The ones I have have not faded to white so I hear it's easier to make fading progress!
    Thank you though best of luck on journey!
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    where are the stretch marks? Stomach?
  • s3491d
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Yes! And on my hips too! I gained a significant amount of weight in about 2 months and I feel fortunate that it wasn't any more than just the stomach and hips!
    I know they're supposed to fade from the red in time but it's been almost a year and nada!
  • inertiastrength
    Options
    s3491d wrote: »
    Yes! And on my hips too! I gained a significant amount of weight in about 2 months and I feel fortunate that it wasn't any more than just the stomach and hips!
    I know they're supposed to fade from the red in time but it's been almost a year and nada!

I have them on mine from pregnancy and they were nasty for a few years. They're now white and less noticeable since they're not "as stretched" as when I was overweight. Honestly I barely notice them now and I looked like I had been mauled by a bear before lol
  • s3491d
    Options
    fascha wrote: »

I have them on mine from pregnancy and they were nasty for a few years. They're now white and less noticeable since they're not "as stretched" as when I was overweight. Honestly I barely notice them now and I looked like I had been mauled by a bear before lol

Did you do anything in particular or just let time pass?
  • s3491d
    Options
    I used vitamin E oil on them as well. That helped some. But the truth is that it really takes a lot of time to reduce the color. The never go away.. just improve in appearence. I still have one on my boob from a pregnancy 24 yrs ago that is purple.

Awe that's a long time! I don't mind them all that much and I know surgery is the only way to get rid of them, just hopeful to reduce the redness! I need to try the vitamin E oil!
  • inertiastrength
    Options

I tried a few of the fabled methods, bio oil, vitmain e etc. Nothing worked other than time and trimming up. They look a lot better when your skin is back to normal weight because they sort of get smaller (mine looked like gashes when I was fat) The redness went away and they are now thin silvery marks and they don't bother me in a bikini. It's been about 4-5 years tho
  • s3491d
    Options

I tried a few of the fabled methods, bio oil, vitmain e etc. Nothing worked other than time and trimming up. They look a lot better when your skin is back to normal weight because they sort of get smaller (mine looked like gashes when I was fat) The redness went away and they are now thin silvery marks and they don't bother me in a bikini. It's been about 4-5 years tho

I don't mind waiting! I do need to trim up! That's what I'm currently doing right now, I've got about 20lbs or so to lose and I'm currently adding in weights!

Thanks for sharing!!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I used vitamin E oil on them as well. That helped some. But the truth is that it really takes a lot of time to reduce the color. The never go away.. just improve in appearence. I still have one on my boob from a pregnancy 24 yrs ago that is purple.

Awe that's a long time! I don't mind them all that much and I know surgery is the only way to get rid of them, just hopeful to reduce the redness! I need to try the vitamin E oil!

even surgery cant get rid of them. they are tears under the skin,if you were to have them removed it would probably cause scarring(as for some they are more than a layer deep) since the area was stretched far beyond the elasticity which is what caused them.and if you dont have enough elasticity if you were to gain weight again it would probably happen again.

They do fade over time,how much depends on the person.it sucks to have them but it happens. even men can get them.
  • s3491d
    Options
    So I'm just updating for myself mostly but it's almost been a week and I'm not sure if it's just been the extra lotions I've been putting on or the roller itself but both photos were taken at the same relative time after a shower and the first one is before derma rolling and the second one is 5 days after!

If this offends anyone I'm sorry I just wanted to update those helpful people that commented! a34barjoyz5u.jpg
    kjoi9edz310q.png
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI...it takes years for all that to look better. Just keep your skin hydrated and your body hydrated