Confused!

Options
So I stared gym back in Feb, up until a week ago I'd only burnt 3 calories, I'd been doing 4 days a week in the gym, around 30-50 mins cardio, and around 30-45 mins strength (including rests between reps) eating 1,310 calories a day, (not eating excercies cals back at first because i didnt know you had to lol but then I'd eat about half back once I found out) I'm 5ft 4, And weighed 11st 5, I haven't been to the gym for a week and I now weigh 11st 1, I have lost 4lb in 7 days by doing nothing other than my normal daily stuff I did before, what has happened? Do I need to consume more calories? cause I only want to lose 2lb per week. I'm so confused with all this. I'm still consuming 1,310 calories a day.

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Water weight has an impact in the short term. Look longer term for trends. SUch as comparing weight month to month.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Like Staci said, it's water. But 2 pounds a week is too aggressive for you. I'd suggest aiming for a pound a week.
  • s3491d
    s3491d Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Originally your fat cells empty and fill with water when initially losing weight. And than after awhile they'll lose the water and shrink! That's why it takes a bit to see results!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    s3491d wrote: »
    Originally your fat cells empty and fill with water when initially losing weight. And than after awhile they'll lose the water and shrink! That's why it takes a bit to see results!

This isn't true. Fat cells can't fill with water. The water is retained elsewhere in your system, so the effect is the same, but it's not stored in the fat cells.

It seems like it though.
  • rolenthegreat
    rolenthegreat Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Muscles can hold onto water when they are repairing themselves. While you were killing it at the gym you muscles were tearing down & rebuilding to make you stronger. When you have a couple days (or a week) of rest time your muscles can drop some of that water. Some people refer to it as a 'whoosh'. I don't think everyone gets them but I frequently drop a lb or two during my rest days.