Success stories from those who lost the weight in their 30's?

2»

Replies

• jenrocks5
    jenrocks5 Posts: 5 Member
    I decided a little before Thanksgivng that I was tired of how my jeans fit (enter love handles) and wanted to lose the last 10 pounds after baby number 2 (who is no longer a baby at 3 years old). So, I turned to MFP and have been logging everything since mid November and lost 15 pounds, and am the lightest I remember every being (even before I got married). I'm still trying to figure out my maintain calories, as I think they are little low, and I'm working about 4 days a week, but overall, I'm very happy with my journey. I turn 39 on Thursday. I think anything is possible when you set your mind to it, and age is just a number!
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Love these! Thank you guys so much for the feedback and motivation! I'm slowly coming out of being regretful and instead turning it around to get stuff done!
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    I'm 36 and down 121lbs as of this morning. So, it's definitely possible! I'll be the first to admit though that it comes off a little harder in my 30s than it did when I was younger, but the closer I get to my goal the more healthy I get too. It's the fountain of youth!
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    edited April 2017
    I was 34 when I started. I wanted to lose weight for my 35th I wanted to be in the best shape of my life while I was young. I dropped 40 lbs by my 35th birthday. That was 4.25 years ago I am down 51 lbs now. I never stopped I kept working. You can do it with consistency and keep it and only get better with discipline. Don't look for motivation. My only motivation comes with results and they show up slow. You can do it!! you've got this!!
  • MariannePhoto
    MariannePhoto Posts: 75 Member
    I'm 31 and down 19lbs in just over 60 days. I feel like I am more dedicated in doing this for me now.
  • wccngr
    wccngr Posts: 36 Member
    I just turned 30 in December and I'm feeling it. I've put on about 30lbs in two years. Life, some major surgery, and not taking care of myself. I'm looking to lose the weight and get stronger. I am dealing with addictions and some other unrelated health issues, so it is difficult not to get discouraged.
  • loreefabulous
    loreefabulous Posts: 19 Member
    I was 35 when I started. I went through a lot of trials and errors to figure out correct eating habits and workout routines and how to continuously challenge myself. I was mostly doing cardio and some strength training. I was 37 when I was at my lightest weight 48 lbs down. That was the lightest I've been since my teens. I thought I would enjoy it a little bit. I didn't workout as much. How quickly the weight comes back. I was back up 10 lbs. I am not going to let it get more than that. I've intensified my workout and I am starting to lift heavy and loving it. No more slipping up. It's a lot of work just to get the weight off and it doesn't end when you get to your goal weight. It's definitely a lifestyle change.
  • gponter79
    gponter79 Posts: 124 Member
    I spent the whole of my 20's putting the weight on. When i turned 30 i said i want to rewind the clock 10 years and lose the weight i gained. I've yo-yo'd up and down the same 25lb for the last 7 years. I turn 38 in August and am currently 50% towards my pre-20's weight. Today i have 26lb to lose and i'm determined to look at my 20 year old self on my 38th birthday and feel great. Age is but a number, feeling great about yourself lifts you everyday and rubs off on the people around you. Stay positive and you'll succeed.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    I just turned 40 - so you can't mourn, no fair! Just kidding. I haven't been overweight in a really, really long time, but it wasn't until I was in my mid-30s that I shed the extra vanity pounds and really leaned out. So it absolutely can be done. I think it gets harder with age but certainly it's achievable.
  • Judikim118
    Judikim118 Posts: 201 Member
    At 35 years of age a year after my second child (c-section). I am one of those that tend to gain 60-70 lbs per pregnancy (nothing to be proud of). Hard work and dedication.
  • jrback
    jrback Posts: 12 Member
    I'm 34 and in the best shape of my life. Three years ago is when I started my mission. I've lost 40lbs and countless inches. I also had a baby in 2016 and hopped right back on the train afterwards!
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    I'm 35 and in the best shape of my life. Started my journey in December of 2015, down 42 pounds. Slow and steady for me, but it works!
  • WilliamAndersonLMHC
    WilliamAndersonLMHC Posts: 117 Member
    edited May 2017
    I was 33 when I finally figured it out. I had been overweight, obese and a failure at diets for 25 years. Because of my work with addictions and behavior therapy (I'm a licensed psychotherapist) I was able to finally develop a method that worked, lost 140 pounds at age 33, and I've kept it off for 30 years. I wrote a book about it, The Anderson Method, and helping people solve their weight problem has become my life's work. I answer all messages, emails and voicemails. I'll help anyone who asks. 5bs242wrrung.jpg
  • andst5001
    andst5001 Posts: 45 Member
    I'm 32 and lost 121 pounds in just under a year! I've never thought of my age as being a factor. You've got this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!