Do you prefer to workout during the Morning/Afternoon/Night

Options
Hey Everyone,:bigsmile:

I was wondering when you prefer working out.
Do you like to workout in the:
- morning
- afternoon
- later on in the day

If so, why? Is it due to time constraints, etc.?
I personally enjoy working out later in the day, around 8ish when the sun is low and it isn't as hot out.:tongue:

M.:heart:

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I prefer mornings so I can get it out of the way, but not if I have to get up at 5 am to do it before work. So I work out in the evenings on work days and in the morning on weekends.
  • MaureenCreates
    MaureenCreates Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I prefer to workout in the morning, but I also love sleeping in. It's a problem.
    On the days I don't work I try to get it in somewhere between breakfast and lunch. Let my breakfast digest a little bit, do the work out, then I usually make myself a smoothie high in protein (hemp protein powder + greek yogurt = 36g of protein).
    On the days that I work, if I can't get myself out of bed early enough, I just do it when I get home before dinner.
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Around noon-ish for me! It's a nice break away from the office. I seem to be more productive and focused for the remainder of the day.
  • liberaltendencies
    liberaltendencies Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Night time because after I reward myself with Skinny Cow ice cream!
  • spiceshirl
    spiceshirl Posts: 177
    Options
    Mornings! and evenings!

Love them equally because I have to balance it between work schedule!! Maybe if you put it to a vote it will be morning because am pump and ready to hit it once I had a goodnight sleep!!
  • TwinMamma09
    TwinMamma09 Posts: 140
    Options
    I do m 30 Day Shred in the mornings because I work 2 jobs and won't be home until late in the evening.

I also workout during my lunch break at the gym at work where I do my cardio. I only do the extra cardio M-F as my work gym is only open on week days. I have contiplated getting a gym membership by my home so I can still workout on the weekends.

It is too blazing hot here in Phoenix for us to do any cardio outside until fall finally comes. :(
  • winneau
    winneau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning *and* end of the evening :) Never in the middle of the day.
  • bluefever
    bluefever Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Around 10am works good for me. I am a lazy starter in the morning. That gives me time to check my emails, have a coffee, breakfast, do some house work, get the kids ready,and then head to the gym.
  • CiaraLeeMaxwell
    CiaraLeeMaxwell Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello! :o} I enjoy working out in the morning because it wakes me up and gives me more energy for the day. I also like to work out before I have to get dressed because that is a job alone! :o] Then once your day is over (work ect.) you can just relax and dont have to talk your tired self into working out.
  • jessicarn76
    jessicarn76 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    During the week when I work, I go in the evenings around 7. Then on Saturdays, I go to the gym in the morning.
  • ageros
    ageros Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Always late. I don't like a crowded gym and I'm definitely not a morning person. My wife and I usually go around 9-11pmish
  • Gessa007
    Gessa007 Posts: 50
    Options
    I want to eventually get up early to fit in a workout but I love my zZzZzzzz For now Im working out around late afternoon I usually do 2 workouts, one in the afternoon and one again in the evening.