Reintroduction

Options
Luv2Dispatch911
Luv2Dispatch911 Posts: 20 Member
edited April 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hello Everyone! I joined a few years ago. I wasn't quite ready for my journey to begin. After being told recently that I'm prediabetic and wanting to be happier with myself I decided to really push myself into my weight loss journey. I've started on a 1200 calorie diet and plan to go to the gym 6 days a week. I'm on day 3 in the gym and 3 weeks into my diet. I look forward to this journey once again!

I could definitely use some motivation and would love to hear others stories so feel free to add me!!

Replies

• theharryramsay
    theharryramsay Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations on sticking to your plan for 2 weeks.

I've been counting calories and maintaining deficit for a month and I dropped about 6 pounds.

This works, just be religious about counting calories and ensuring all your foods meet or are less than your BMR.

Watch the sugar and you could keep the diabetes at bay.

All the best!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Wow, congratulations on sticking to your plan for 2 weeks.

I've been counting calories and maintaining deficit for a month and I dropped about 6 pounds.

This works, just be religious about counting calories and ensuring all your foods meet or are less than your BMR.

Watch the sugar and you could keep the diabetes at bay.

All the best!

@theharryramsay Why under BMR? (BMR being Basal Metabolic Rate which is the amount of calories your body needs in order to keep you nourished and alive with no activity), do you mean under TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure which is the amount of calories your body needs in order to maintain your weight at your current exercise and activity level)?
  • theharryramsay
    theharryramsay Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83 , Good question.

I do not know what my total daily energy expenditure is, but my resting metabolism is at 1750 calories.

On non workout days, I eat less than 1750 and on workout days, I eat about 2000 but I would burn 300 calories with exercise.

So i create a calorie deficit of 100-200 per day which has added up.

Since my snacks and meals are spread out, I don't feel so zapped.

Thanks!