question on calories

Options
I am wondering something....when you put your goals in and MFP gives you a calorie goal, or you trying to get 500 calories under that (for the 2500 a week) or are you just trying not to go over that total?

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Your MFP calorie goal has the deficit built in already. Eat to that.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Youre trying to eat at that goal give or take a few is fine. Then if you do purposeful exercise add that and eat 50-75% (estimates are usually to high).

If you are using Mfp calculations by entering in your stats.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    The calculator is calculating your calorie GOAL as per your stats and your desired rate of loss...the calculator has calculated and done the math for you...you would only get a maintenance target if your chose "maintain" as your goal.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    The 500 has already been taken off, so you should be aiming to eat that amount
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    As long as you set up your account to lose weight, then eat that amount. I generally aim for +/- 100 calories.
  • katjane720
    katjane720 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to get under 500 of what MFP says, no wonder I am so hungry all the time :open_mouth:
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    katjane720 wrote: »
    I have been trying to get under 500 of what MFP says, no wonder I am so hungry all the time :open_mouth:

How much weight did you set up MFP to lose per week and what did you set as the activity level?