What is the most you ran/jogged/walked continuosly?

Options

Replies

• Keira08
    Keira08 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Running - 26.2 miles
    Walking - 51 miles
    Distances I'm in no rush to complete again :smiley:
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    The longest I have run is 9.5 miles. I am training for a half marathon- trying for 10 miles this morning. :)

I started with the C25K last year. I could barely puff my way through 30 seconds of running at week 1.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Run - 13.1 miles.

Hiked - 25+ miles (no idea of the exact number - because I tend to take wrong turns and add extra miles)
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    saundts wrote: »
    What is the most you ran/jogged/walked continuosly outside or on the treadmill at one time?

A 10k/6.2 miles last month. I have completed several half marathons but my next 'agenda' item is to complete one without walking breaks.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    18 miles while training for a full marathon, then got injured the following weekend at a 10k!!! (grrr)
    I have since run 12 half-marathons (13.1) and trained to 14 for a few of them. Never did run a full after that injury! :-(
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Have walked/jogged (mostly walked) over 6 miles before (barefooted on chip and tar at that, lol) I have biked 50 miles in a day with a bike trailer on behind (but I did have breaks)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I did 40,000 steps one day (approx 18 miles?).... basically was walking/jogging all day. It was for a Fitbit challenge (yeah that was when Fitbit challenges were a novelty!).
    I used to average 10 miles walk or run a day but my joints told me that was too much so now it average about 6 miles a day.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    1/2 marathon in 2004 (very slow), 10 mile hike last Memorial Day (I got a little lost), 6 1/2 mile walk on the Vegas strip!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    40km is the most, that was a one off. I regularly walk between 10-15km on a Sunday and I do a 30km charity walk once a year.
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    9 miles at 6mph I wanted to get to 10 I thought I would die but I did it NON STOP.. I was so proud.

Every day I try to get my 3.25 miles in. I'm good with that
  • attawayfamily4
    attawayfamily4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I worked up to 10 miles at one time over the course of a couple months but now I have tendinitis in both feet and cant walk anywhere without severe pain. Any suggestions on how to prevent this and how to recover quicker? I stretch a lot and have been doing lots of calf raises which seem to help, though they are very painful.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    15 miles. But whenever I can back to my normal routine (argh, injury!), I'll stick to my fast 3-5 miles and lifting. I was really seeing diminishing returns from distance running (plus my knees would hurt after a few months of high mileage) and I just stopped loving long distance.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Hike/run 36 miles (35.9 if you want to be technical)
  • tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    9 miles
  • don9992
    don9992 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Recently the longest continuous walk I can recall is 8 miles. I've ridden my bike 80 miles twice in recent years for charity rides.
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    13.1 miles. Once for a half marathon and once because we were horribly lost. lol
  • brookekaczor
    brookekaczor Posts: 59 Member
    Options
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    saundts wrote: »
    What is the most you ran/jogged/walked continuosly outside or on the treadmill at one time?

13.1 miles.
  • Bentforkx
    Bentforkx Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    28 kilometres, with a short break for water and snacks

• Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    12 miles with a 40 lb pack on the AT - 4 days in a row