LEAST sweet (vanilla) whey protein powders

Options
lilawolf
lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
I am overly sensitive to sweet things. Like my coffee black and my whiskey straight... What are the least sweet brands/flavors that you've had? Fake sweet flavor<sugar flavor. Looking for a vanilla in particular but also others in the 22-28g, 100-150 calorie range. Not interested in vegan.

I have syntha 6 vanilla ice cream and its decent, but its closer to a meal replacement shake at 22g and 200cals, and its not nearly as good as their chocolate peanut butter.

Musclepharm is...ok, but not great. Dymatize ISO used to be good, but a bunch of amazon reviews talked about bugs in it. EEEK! ON Chocolate is the WORST protein I've ever had. I will never buy that brand again. NO idea why they have such high ratings.

Thanks in advance. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    You could just buy an unflavoured/natural wpi...
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i had combat powder from musclepharm sometime last year. the next thing i bought as that was running low was the vanilla whey isolate from canadianprotein.com.

i've been hunting for a 'just sweet enough' vanilla whey for four years. i got along okay with the musclepharm, actually. but i'm pretty set on the canadian protein brand now.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    i had combat powder from musclepharm sometime last year. the next thing i bought as that was running low was the vanilla whey isolate from canadianprotein.com.

i've been hunting for a 'just sweet enough' vanilla whey for four years. i got along okay with the musclepharm, actually. but i'm pretty set on the canadian protein brand now.

Just their vanilla or are their other flavors good too?

Unflavored would be weird because I couldn't mix it with water. It would taste just weird enough no matter what they say.

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I have the muscletech phase 8 vanilla and I like it.its not too sweet and has the right vanilla taste I think anyway. I cant stand anything sickeningly sweet either
  • shagerty777
    shagerty777 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Protizyme Vanilla and other flavors I've tried have been real mild flavored compared to other brands. I've found it doesn't gas me up either, a plus for those around me. If I recall, it should meet your parameters you set out.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    You could just buy an unflavoured/natural wpi...

That's what I was thinking too.