Who's always cold ???

Options
13»

Replies

• Mellykay88
    Mellykay88 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 70 lbs so far and still have a lot to go, but I am constantly cold now. I'm sitting in my car with the heater on as I type this (it's nearly 70 degrees and sunny out!). I also read that eating fewer calories lowers the core body temp.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Yes, I get cold MUCH easier now.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    On the upside though, it takes a lot to work up a sweat and this summer will be much easier to deal with.
  • nickiphillips1
    nickiphillips1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    After going through menopause and being an oven from my MS in the summer, I am cold most of the time now. I have only lost 16 lbs, but I get cold most of the time. The only time I got hot was when I had a fever.

I prefer being cold to hot though. I could never get cool before.
  • JuliahK1987
    JuliahK1987 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This scares me. I'm just starting my weight loss journey, but I've ALWAYS been cold. I can sleep under 2 blankets on a hot summer night. If I'm always feeling cold while being overweight, I'm scared how cold I'll be when I get to my goal weight.... ugh
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    73 LBS down and always cold! I almost always wear a sweater or blanket nearby!
  • saltypickle
    saltypickle Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm also cold all the time, so purchased a heated vest. It's powered by a 12 volt rechargeable battery. I get 8 hours of heat (even the collar) at the low setting and less if I increase the level. The pants and jacket were too pricy, even at the online discount stores, like Jafrum. I wear the heated vest both indoors and outdoors. Fabulous!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Chadxx wrote: »
    On the upside though, it takes a lot to work up a sweat and this summer will be much easier to deal with.

2 things.

1. I'm hoping this is the case
    2. I'm hoping summer shows up. Been raining all spring so far.
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    When I first started, I was so happy that I was warm because I was constantly moving and building muscle. Then suddenly my body caught up with itself and now I'm cold XD

Also doesn't help that my office prefers to keep the AC on even in winter -_-;
  • dorisj717
    dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    When I started on my fitness pal last year I read about people saying how cold they were now that they lost weight. Well after losing 60 lbs. I totally understand what people were talking about. I keep a jacket at my desk, I keep gloves in my bag. One day last week I forgot my jacket (I live in the south) so I put on my raincoat, people kept asking me, is it raining, no I'm cold! :D
  • jmac778
    jmac778 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes! I've lost 47 lbs and I can't handle the cold at all!!! I'm now one of those people that have to take a jacket to the movies!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I was freezing always until I found out I had a vitamin D deficiency. I started supplements and warmed right up. Your mileage may very, but maybe see a doctor to get vitamin levels checked.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!