Why did you binge eat?

Options
JuliahK1987
JuliahK1987 Posts: 39 Member
What made you binge eat? Can be either in the past or most recent.... Mine was this weekend. I found out that my ex and his new gf are expecting a baby in June. In a way I was happy for him that he moved on, and is happy. However, after doing some math and snooping around, I realized that the girl was 2 months pregnant while we were still together and "happy"!!! So not only did he leave me for her, but he also cheated on me! That made me go a little crazy. Especially since I was pretty sure I was over him. So of course I turned to food. You can never eat your feelings, but it just feels so satisfying. I wish I can change this horrible habit and use exercise as a form to deal with my feelings instead of stuffing my face with calories. Ugh rant over lol sorry this is long. Please feel free to share your stories and rants :)

Replies

• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I don't binge eat but I binge drink which I think is much worse. Sorry you found out disturbing news. I think it's best to let things go and not "snoop around" or try to calculate stuff. It's over. Let it be. Definitely find another outlet besides food though. I know it's easier said then done. It helps to think about how awful you feel after a binge. It's NOT a good feeling and that "satisfaction" you feel during your binge is only temporary.
  • dpack347b
    dpack347b Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Because sweets are soooo good.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I am presently holding the hypothesis that my prior binges during this weight loss journey were a result primarily of an excessive calorie deficit built up over several weeks, and secondarily of a deficit of sodium.

It's too early to say if I'm satisfied to have proven this, but I have noticed that I can eat salt straight to quash any desire to eat salty things.
  • JuliahK1987
    JuliahK1987 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

It's too early to say if I'm satisfied to have proven this, but I have noticed that I can eat salt straight to quash any desire to eat salty things.
    Yes!!! Once in a while I have a really bad craving for something salty. I feel like I can just lick salt from the salt shaker lol crazy!
  • xmusicloverr
    xmusicloverr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    So that it won't go bad or stale.. or so that my siblings won't eat it