Whine, hold the cheese

Options
Since I begin to try to lose weight (before joining MFP) I have lost about 8 lbs and gone down almost 2 jeans sizes (almost - still too muffin-toppy in the smaller size but can button the damn things. kind of.)

So what's wrong?

NO ONE HAS NOTICED.

Nope. Not a "you've lost weight!" or "you look great!" or ANYTHING.

I know I'm not supposed to care because I'm doing it for me, etc,. but...but.. wah. I want someone to notice :(

Okay. No more whine.

Replies

• AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I've lost nearly 15lbs and haven't been noticed yet. I was hoping someone would say something, but nope. I think you need to drop 20 or more for it to be really noticeable.... or maybe just hang out with people who actually pay attention. :smile:
  • kellicarter11
    kellicarter11 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Same story different girl I have lost 16 pounds and no one has said a darn thing.....in fact people tell me I need to lose more weight...I am a size 6 jeans...132 at 5' 2 go figure
  • Harlow21
    Harlow21 Posts: 1
    Options
    It might be because at 120 lbs it is really hard to tell a 7 lb weight loss.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    The back of your head looks thinner... Post some pics if you want praises you know you will get them on here. lol
  • TopazCarey
    TopazCarey Posts: 263
    Options
    I've lost 10 punds. and honestly, I don't even notice. So I'm not surprised that others dont notice yet either. Now if I'm down 30 bs and people still dont notice, then i'll be a little upset. Just give it some more time.
  • lbgano
    lbgano Posts: 234
    Options
    The back of your head looks thinner... Post some pics if you want praises you know you will get them on here. lol

Does it really look thinner? Because my goal is for a very thin head...don't care much about the rest...if you have a very very tiny head nobody really looks at the rest...that is my strategy!
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I have lost 32lbs and people are just now noticing that I have lost... 3 pant sizes!! Helloooo people lol =)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 40 pounds and my boss acts like she doesn't believe me! When we got new uniforms she stared at me up and down when I said I wanted a medium. Another time she said, "you've lost weight!" I replied...she wasn't talking to me.
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Same here. Since I had my baby in January, I am down 53 pounds overall. Not one person has said a word. I guess I am going to have to lose a good 30 or 40 more before any notices :/
  • gimedatnow
    gimedatnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat and just think "the only way you're going to lose the weight and keep it off is to do it for yourself!"

People on MFP can give you added support! :)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    This is why i am working on making my body hard so that people will notice when i show my skills as I open up a pickle jar all by my self.:happy:
  • poopoomonkey1978
    poopoomonkey1978 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am down a total of 38 lbs since January and no one really notices unless they see old pictures of me. I went from almost being a 20 to being a size and they are big on me but the 14 JUST fits. I hardly notice the difference so not surprised others don't see it. BTW I am a short 5'4 198lbs. my highest weight was 235 and starting weight here was 216.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    yep,me neither. But I am sure you look great and you have a glow of being healthier!!
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    haters! Jealous! Be proud of urself! Congrats 2 u!
  • mickeyp1981
    Options
    Well, to be honest with you, 128 is thin to most people so if you lost 7 pounds it's kind of hard to notice because you were already thin. It is also hard to see if someone has lost weight unless they have lost at least 2 or three pant sizes.
  • lbgano
    Options
    Well, to be honest with you, 128 is thin to most people so if you lost 7 pounds it's kind of hard to notice because you were already thin. It is also hard to see if someone has lost weight unless they have lost at least 2 or three pant sizes.

I guess you have a point. I am short and have a small frame so a few pounds really show up...it seems that people always notice THEN!
  • lbgano
    Options
    This is why i am working on making my body hard so that people will notice when i show my skills as I open up a pickle jar all by my self.:happy:

Best goal ever!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I've lost 10 punds. and honestly, I don't even notice. So I'm not surprised that others dont notice yet either. Now if I'm down 30 bs and people still dont notice, then i'll be a little upset. Just give it some more time.
    agreed.
  • amber_bamber
    amber_bamber Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    All the girls at my office know that I am trying to loose weight. One day one of my coworkers asked how much I've lost and I told her around 25 lbs. She said "oh really...you can't tell". I was crushed. But whatever I feel awesome. My energy level has skyrocketed in the past two months. I sort of wonder what they will say when I've lost 100 lbs.
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I think for your height and weight it probably IS noticeable. Some people don't know how to say it though. They don't want to imply that you needed to lose weight to begin with.

On the other hand, people may think you're too thin and not want to encourage an eating disorder. And obviously, I haven't seen your pictures so I'm not implying that myself. But I know a bunch of older ladies that get judgemental about thinner younger people.

Maybe they're jealous.

Good for you for working on a healthier you!