What was for breakfast today?

Options

Replies

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    This morning I had homemade flatbread and eggs, with water and coffee to drink.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    My Saturday is different from other days of the week. Today I'm having 4 oz plain homemade yogurt from whole high-protein Jersey cows milk filled with 25 grams each of frozen triple-berry mix, hulled hemp seeds, and Nature Valley oats and dark chocolate granola mix, along with 10 grams of chia seeds. I mix it all together and wait for the strawberry, raspberry, and blueberries to thaw and for the chia to thicken. That takes about 20 minutes. I eat it thick and chewy and crunchy.
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice Simply Cafe Steamer Chicken and Broccoli with a dab of sour cream and Tabasco sauce with an iced black coffee. 225 calories. Pretty much my morning meal each day.
  • strshllw84
    strshllw84 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    A bagel thin and arla herbs and spices cream cheese.
  • whatlunasaid
    whatlunasaid Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My usual black tea with almond milk, plus 1/2 cup of applesauce, a clementine, a banana, and a cup of V8. :) When I'm trying to drop weight I just have fruit for breakfast, but if I'm hungrier than usual I also have some nuts/nut butter and/or oats.

My go-to for a while was a roasted sweet potato and nuts. (Roast the sweet potatoes in batches and refrigerate. Enjoy whole like an apple or dig in with a fork, hot or cold.)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    On the move - so Dunkin Donuts egg white veggie flatbread
  • PurelyAmy
    PurelyAmy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I had a waffle - I typically only eat; A smoothie, a waffle or a bowl of muesli. Those 3 are my only breakfasts on rotation. If I feel I need more carby-protein I go for the waffle, If I need some lighter sugars I go for the smoothie and If I need a bit of both I go for the muesli.

- Today I had a protein waffle with red berries, tahini for fats and protein and I chucked on some pumpkin seeds for good measure!

Waffle mix;
    • Chocolate peanut vegan protein - 4 scoops.
    • 6 tbsp of oats
    • 1/2 sweet potato
    • 2 cups of water
    • Optional; 2 tsp of spirulina for 14g of extra protein.
    It'll make around 4 waffles or 8 pancakes, the sweet potato takes away the sweetner flavour, which I really hate. Blend the oats first and let the mix rest for 20mins. It thickens up a fair bit!

BREAKFAST PIC
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    My massive spinach omelette. I eat this about 3 times per week.

6-8 cups of baby spinach
    1 large egg
    3/4 cup egg whites
    .50 to 1 ounce shredded sharp cheese (or any cheese)
    1 T Kirkland bacon crumbles or 2 T finely diced ham
    Salt and pepper

Spray a small frying pan with non stick spray. Cram in the spinach and cover, cooking on medium heat until well wilted. Drain if there's a lot of water.
    Mix well the eggs and egg whites. Pour over the wilted spinach and cook covered, until well set. Using your great culinary skills- flip that thing over! Sprinkle the cheese and meat and cover...cook about one minute longer. Fold in half and enjoy this HUGE and filling breakfast.

Some days I add leftover cooked veggies, especially good are mushrooms and bell peppers! Also yummy with salsa or Tabasco on top.

This omelette keeps me satiated for hours. 305 calories, 37 g protein, 6 g fiber, 12 g carbs.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    My usual--coffee with about 150 calories worth of dark chocolate. Holds me until 12 or 1pm.
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I usually don't eat breakfast either, but I felt like eating a little before my run. I had 2 egg whites with a tsp of pesto and a 1/2 cup of 2% cottage cheese with pepper. Oh and coffee. Egg whites with a various buffalo wild wings sauce, is pretty much my favorite thing ever. I don't recommend the pesto - it wasn't as good as I'd hoped.
  • bobtater1
    bobtater1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have eggs n' oats scramble with toast and no sugar jam. That's 2 eggs mixed with 1/4 cup of oats. Makes for a 310 cal breakfast that sticks with me for the morning.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    A very good orange.
  • yellingkimber
    yellingkimber Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Apples were on sale, so I had a golden delicious apple. I cut it up and slathered it with a wedge of Laughing Cow garlic & herb cheese. 10/10 would recommend.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I had one red delicious apple, a banana, some strawberries and a tangerine
  • msr8898
    msr8898 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Quick protein shake (soy milk, protein powder & wheat germ) followed by a whole wheat bagel topped with either PB & chia seeds or half a smashed up avacado (with a dash of salt/pepper), chives and sometimes a tomato... I usually have a cup of legumes for good measure too.

I'm trying to gain weight and put on muscle currently; this sets me up with about 60-75g of protein and 100g or more of good carbs to start the day with.

The copious amounts of black coffee goes without say. ;)
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Chocolate overnight oats and a latte.
  • arrghmatey1
    arrghmatey1 Posts: 91 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Two packages of Great Value Sugar Free Maple & Brown Sugar Qatmeal and coffee.

Normally have a onion and cheese omelet with that using Great Value brand Egg Makers but I was rushed.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt with frozen raspberries, coffee with flavoured creamer, a small banana and chocolate chip muffin with butter, and some chocolate-covered espresso beans.
  • JLASilver
    JLASilver Posts: 22 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    bq6vs3a7s3u3.jpg
    My weekend go to is Avocado Toast. Today I had avocado with a soft-boiled egg and bacon. I usually spread it on multigrain bread and usually skip the bacon. But i can eat it just out of the bowl. My method is pretty basic and very easy:
    Mix 1/2 an avocado and 1 soft boiled egg. Add lemon or lime juice to taste. Season aggressively with salt, pepper and chili flakes. Today I added tomato and red onion, topped with bacon. But the mix-ins are endless and it filled me up for a great workout.
    Please excuse the small plate and the lame food pic ;)
  • sabinaholtby
    sabinaholtby Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Eggs! 1 whole and one white. With a slice of Moz cheese. I need to switch it up though I think. Didn't keep me satisfied for long! Yesterday was hungry girl growing oatmeal with brown sugar and brewers yeast. I was under calories for the first time like, ever.