Keto friends and help

Options
Hey! So I'm trying to start this keto diet thing. I could seriously use some people who are familiar with it and willing to give me some tips and pointers during my journey. Food recommendations, suggested macros intake, etc..... i look forward to hearing from y'all! Have a great day and remember that kindness is important!

Replies

• NickDoesFitness
    NickDoesFitness Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    macros 5% carb, 20% protein, 75% fat. Keep to a deficit. You're gonna be REALLY tired the first couple of days, cracking headache, but they don't last. Energy levels pick up after a few days, as if you were hit by a giant dispenser of speed.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Join the low carber daily MFP group for more support. That's where most keto'ers hang out. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Keep you sodium levels up to 3000-5000mg per day. That's about 2 teaspoons of table salt. If you let your levels get low, due to all the water loss, you'll experience the headache and fatigue mentioned above, as well as possibly nausea, BM issues, weakness, muscle aches or cramps.

Good luck. :)
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Yes, come check out the low carbers group and read the "Launch Pad" section; full of very helpful information to get started!
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hey! Im a very experienced ketoer and im down to be friends! Im getting back on the keto wagon after a really rough break up and the "idc if im fat n unhealthy" mentality really took a tole! But im back and pushing my body to get fat adapted quick and ill be available to message about anything :)