WORKED OUT HARD AND ATE CLEAN ALL WEEK AND DIDN'T LOSE A LB!!!

Options
simply_bubbz
simply_bubbz Posts: 245 Member
edited April 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Someone please tell me what is going on! I have been doing intense workouts 5 days this week Mon through Friday ate clean except I had a cheat meal last sat n Sunday but the calories were at maintenance so why didn't I lose this week?????? It's that time of the month but idk If that's affecting or not! I know I shouldn't be discouraged and shouldn't let the scale have this big of impact on me but it does!!!! What do y'all assume is going on? I didn't drink as much water this week, could that be a factor? I only had a BM once this week too could that have an effect?** I know weight lost isn't linear so please don't mention that lol I'm just looking to c what could be a factor for the scale because I definitely should have lost something

Replies

• SarahFromWalthamForest
    Options
    You could have lost fat-weight but gained muscle-weight, that could be why the scale hasn't changed even though you've been working out.
  • simply_bubbz
    Options
    You could have lost fat-weight but gained muscle-weight, that could be why the scale hasn't changed even though you've been working out.

My thighs feel like they are toning up but I wasn't sure if it would make a difference on the scale that fast..
  • simply_bubbz
    Options
    Cheat days, intense or increased workouts, and time of the month can all lead to a slight water weight gain. It's just one bad weigh-in. Don't worry about it.

My cheat days were almost a week ago so I didn't know if I was still paying the consequences of retaining water or not lol guess I am
  • simply_bubbz
    Options
    Someone please tell me what is going on! I have been doing intense workouts 5 days this week Mon through Friday ate clean except I had a cheat meal last sat n Sunday but the calories were at maintenance so why didn't I lose this week?????? It's that time of the month but idk If that's affecting or not! I know I shouldn't be discouraged and shouldn't let the scale have this big of impact on me but it does!!!! What do y'all assume is going on? I didn't drink as much water this week, could that be a factor? I only had a BM once this week too could that have an effect?

Odds are good the bolded statements are the issue.
    And if the infrequent bowel movements are unusual for you, you might want to consider seeing a doctor. In the meantime, make sure you're getting enough fat and liquids in your diet, and enough fiber (but increase fiber gradually, since sudden increases, especially without adequate fat and liquid, can have a short-term constipating effect).

Edited to fix a typo.

yeah I'm going to increase my fiber this week and c how it goes
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options

My thighs feel like they are toning up but I wasn't sure if it would make a difference on the scale that fast..

You would not see any noticeable gain in muscle weight in one week.

Were those five workouts cardio or strength-training, or a mix? If they included strength-training, did you alternate muscle groups, or only do the strength-training every other day. Muscles are (re)built on rest days. On training days, you tear your muscles down.

And on your original question, I've been assuming that when you said
    I had a cheat meal last sat n Sunday but the calories were at maintenance

you meant that you ate at maintenance on Saturday and Sunday but maintained a deficit the other five days. Is that correct?
  • simply_bubbz
    Options

You would not see any noticeable gain in muscle weight in one week.

Were those five workouts cardio or strength-training, or a mix? If they included strength-training, did you alternate muscle groups, or only do the strength-training every other day. Muscles are (re)built on rest days. On training days, you tear your muscles down.

And on your original question, I've been assuming that when you said
    I had a cheat meal last sat n Sunday but the calories were at maintenance

you meant that you ate at maintenance on Saturday and Sunday but maintained a deficit the other five days. Is that correct?

Yes that is exactly correct
  • simply_bubbz
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »

Gaining muscle in one week for a woman in a deficit isn't going to happen.

It's possibly water weight from the workouts or TOM.

So even if I haven't been drinking nearly as much water as I should I still could have the water weight?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

Muscle gain? In 5 days? Highly unlikely.

What is likely is:
    -water retention from TotM, excess sodium and increasing/starting exercise.
    -impatient. Expecting too much too soon. A plateau is no losses for 6+ weeks.
    -Innacurate logging (if OP has been at weight loss for a little while). This could be using cups/spoons for solid food instead of a scale, not logging everything, and/or not choosing correct database entries.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

lol. no.
  • Drewlssix
    Drewlssix Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    This is why I log daily, then look at the averages. If you are weighing weekly the same idea applies but over a longer time span and requires patience and consistency.