Diet Pills

Options
Ok i know the "they dont work in the long term" rhetoric so just ignore this if you want to tell me all the drawbacks/health woes/so on.

What works for getting weight off quickly? Obvi this would be an addition to a clean diet and regular exercise schedule. Im just looking for a jump start.

Thanks

Replies

• LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Even though you were explicit in your question...you still can't get ppl to "NOT WRITE" when they have nothing to add as an answer. Seriously...if i really knew, i'd tell you.
    In terms of pills, i've read that anything that serves to suppress a hike in blood sugar helps to jumpstart weight loss. I've read this, true/false can not say.
    Hopefully someone will add an actual answer since you have made it clear that you know about the "issues".
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Obvi this would be an addition to a clean diet and regular exercise schedule.

Actually a calorie deficit is also required to lose fat. If i were you, i would get into a deficit while eating above my BMR (basal metabolic rate), and keep carbohydrates and sodium low, and fiber & water high. That will lead to more weight loss than any legal pill on the market. If i needed an extra boost i'd go with caffeine. :+1:
  • JuliahK1987
    JuliahK1987 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    A cup of green tea with some honey and a slice of lemon about 30 minutes before each meal did the trick for me a few months ago. Gotta warn you tho, it will make you go #2 a LOT! But it helps clean out your system. Good luck!
  • buffinlovin
    buffinlovin Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, no pill will help =/

I find caffeine can help in curbing my appetite, which isn't so much for fat loss but to prevent me from eating =P I like to drink hot green tea in situations where I used to grab munchies (like when watching tv, or browsing forums). Coffee in the morning, and sometimes if I'm pulling a late night. I try not to rely on coffee too much because I use creamer and sugar, where I can just drink green tea plain without anything in it (or a teaspoon of sugar, or a little honey)

When you first start watching your calorie intake, many people (myself included) lost a few extra pounds just from water retention. Not necessarily a jump start, but it is encouraging to see the weight come off :)
  • jam327
    jam327 Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    No pills work as I use to call myself a diet pill junkie because any new pill that would come out I tried - right now what I believes That does work is drinking green tea during the day with fruit in it.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Well lets see i had pills from my doctor that were withdrawn as they led to suicidal tendencies
    Doctor gave me more pills with a wonderful side effect of anal leakage..... the only thing i could see one losing with those are friends and a social life

I bought pills from a gym back in the day, some thermo pills popular in tanning salons and gyms..... gave me the shakes but no weight loss

Metformin pills worked well for me 11 years ago while docs worked at stabalising my pcos symptoms

Other than that making sure my calories in ate less than my calories out has worked wonders
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    jam327 wrote: »
    No pills work as I use to call myself a diet pill junkie because any new pill that would come out I tried - right now what I believes That does work is drinking green tea during the day with fruit in it.

:s No green tea with fruit in it will not help you lose weight. A calorie deficit will. Are you replacing a calorie filled milkshake with fruity green tea?
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    You'd get better feedback on fat burners on a bodybuilding website/forum. Think of fat burners as coffee in a pill that may or may not have marginal appetite suppressant effects. Most of the "good stuff" is banned. Even the most famous banned fat burner, ephedra, in clinical studies only showed an additional 1/4lb per *month*. So really... unless you're trying to shed the last few pounds, or if you have trouble with energy, fat burners are probably not worth your time money or health.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    janjunie wrote: »
    :s No green tea with fruit in it will not help you lose weight. A calorie deficit will. Are you replacing a calorie filled milkshake with fruity green tea?
    Fruity green tea milkshakes are delicious. g58.gif

I bet they are. I have some matcha powder, thanks for the great idea.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    They make me jittery and even more bitchy than I already get from being hangry.
  • henrycrib
    henrycrib Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    POSITIVE COMMENTS. I have tried several over the years. Some I have lost 10-15 lbs on then gained it back. I lost 50 lbs in 2016. I have lost 2 lbs and n the last three months. I count calories. Eat pretty decent and exercise except about 6 weeks after knee surgery. I still have 50 lbs to go. I just bought garcinia cambogia. 100% pure 60% hca. Going to start Monday for a month and see if I can't kick start this up again. I am frustrated. 90% of the time calories in vs calories out is the only way to go. However I also believe that sometimes you just need a magic bullet. Good luck. I will try to find this feed again and let you know how it is working.
This discussion has been closed.