Best Protein Powder?

Options
Hey y'all. I'm currently on a hunt for the best tasting protein powder supplement as I'm constantly super under my recommend protein for the day! Right now I use Raw, which is a plant-based powder, but it tastes vaguely chalky unless I add a ton of extra things to my shakes! What are your favorites, and why?

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Star Nutrition Whey-80 because it's the cheapest brand I could find with a chocolate flavor that doesn't taste like cardboard.
  • clark59j_99
    clark59j_99 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you were looking only for plant based but Ultimate Nutrition ISO Sensation 93 Cookies and Cream tastes really good. It's 30g protein per scoop, not too badly priced on Amazon.
  • RedSquadronLeader
    RedSquadronLeader Posts: 84 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I love BodyLogix Whey Protein, very reasonably priced compared to other brands, cold processed and sourced from grass-fed cows if that matters to you, also low carb/sugar -- I prefer to get my sugar from fruit and things and have a protein supplement be just protein. I don't use the chocolate variety so I can't comment on that, but the vanilla tastes great!

I'm sure it's on Amazon, I usually just grab it from Walgreens for around $18 / 30 oz.
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I like Olly brand. More of a meal replacement, not just a protein. Chocolate is good. Strawberry is decent.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition chocolate and vanilla flavors are both delicious on thier own! I like to add 1/2 of a frozen banana because it gives it a creamer texture, but it's delicious either way.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I like Quest salted caramel. I blend it with cold brew coffee and frozen banana.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I've tried a few samples of vegan protein powder and they've all tasted horrible, along with the weird consistency.

My top picks are:
    • Myprotein whey impact isolate (Chocolate peanutbutter). My all time favourite.
    • Optimum Nutrition
    • Quest
    • Isopure

Keep in my mind, I live in Australia and have a 1/4 of the selection the US has. There's probably a dozen more great brands at your disposal over there. The 4 i mentioned all have solid macros and taste great.
  • croftie4
    croftie4 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Myprotein - whey impact isolate in smooth chocolate

To be honest have tried anymore as I was happy with that one so stuck with it rather than buy one i found I didn't like
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I realllyyyy like EAS Whey chocolate and vanilla. Both taste excellent IMO
  • ValleyHooper
    ValleyHooper Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what the best is, but I just bought Pure Protein - 100% Whey Protein Powder in Rich Chocolate and it's delicious. 25 grams of protein which helps since I need to up my protein intake. I have been making shakes with this powder as a meal replacement and it fills me up.

https://www.amazon.com/Pure-Protein-100-Whey-Powder/dp/B002XULC5C?th=1

It's cheap too which is awesome!!!
  • natasha_hal1
    natasha_hal1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love Quest and GNC Lean Shake. They both have a thicker consistency to me that I love. I have also tried Body Fortress whey protein and wasn't impressed.
  • cfriend71
    cfriend71 Posts: 207 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I use Power Maxx from GNC. It's very good tasting and also low carb. I have both vanilla & chocolate and both are delicious.