Cottage Cheese and ????!

Options
Has anyone tried cottage cheese on a baked potato? I am curious as to whether it is actually good.

Replies

• paigele
    paigele Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    The texture is a bit off-putting on the first attempt, but it isn't bad. Add scallions and a meat of some sort and it can be quite filling.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I think cottage cheese on anything is good. Mmmm. Cottage cheese and pineapple or peaches or in tomato soup. Mmmmm.
  • susieq52082
    susieq52082 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Applesauce ..yummy
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Cooking cottage cheese in a frypan has an interesting result, kind of melty and stringy .... That'd be nice on a potato. (not a huge cottage cheese fan myself)
  • liapingdonald1
    liapingdonald1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started eating cottage cheese- it is better than I thought. tried it on most things.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Cooking cottage cheese in a frypan has an interesting result, kind of melty and stringy .... That'd be nice on a potato. (not a huge cottage cheese fan myself)

I put a spoonful in eggs before scrambling them. The cottage cheese does melt. I never knew that!
    I imagine it would be ok on a potato. I'd eat it. LOL!

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,844 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese with cucumbers or pickles for an after-work snack.

It probably would be good on potatoes.

It used to be put into lasagna and was good there.

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I eat it as a side, and have had it when I have roasted potatoes and mixed the two a bit. It was good. No reason why it wouldn't be good on a baked potato, IMO.
  • hollyberrybunny
    hollyberrybunny Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with chives with some sliced red onion and a bit of black pepper on baked potato - one of my favourites!!
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I use lowfat cottage cheese in lieu of salad dressing. Breakstones LiveActive is the only variety I can tolerate (as does boy #2. Must be in the DNA)
  • officials
    officials Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love it with saltine crackers and soup
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I think cottage cheese on anything is good. Mmmm. Cottage cheese and pineapple or peaches or in tomato soup. Mmmmm.

The only thing I like cottage cheese in.......is in the trash can.
    Can't stand the stuff, the texture and taste just creep me out.

But I applaud everyone that likes it and finds palatable uses for it.
  • lapesadilla
    lapesadilla Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i don't see why not, seems like it'd be reminiscent of sour cream. if the texture bothers, you, you can puree it on the food processor for a texture more like ricotta.
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    I've put it on baked potatoes. Zap it in the microwave for a quick warmup before eating it.
  • twinklepies
    twinklepies Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I like it on potatoes but I also like it on its own and with a lot of other things. My only thought is that some brands are pretty light on the saltiness, so it might not stand out as a flavour on a potato like a cheddar cheese would.
  • ConquerAndBloom
    ConquerAndBloom Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My ma loves cottage cheese and cherry tomatoes. I still haven't been able to come near the stuff since I was a kid, maybe I should try again, lol.
  • stephanne13
    stephanne13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My favorite is with chopped green onion, & tomatoes with some dill weed and tons of black pepper. Sometimes, I'll add sliced black olives. Also love cottage cheese with Pico de gallo.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I like cottage cheese with cucumbers or pickles for an after-work snack.

It probably would be good on potatoes.

It used to be put into lasagna and was good there.

Cottage cheese often gets put into lasagna in place of ricotta, but really ricotta is much better. :)

Cottage cheese is okay on baked white potatoes, better on sweet potatoes. My opinion, I own it.

I eat cottage cheese on toast and with granola too. It's a go to food.