DonT touch my food!

Options
So I know this sounds mean. But after I fed my husband his food. I walked into the kitchen just as he was about to try my pre weighted, calculated lunch. Now I'm mean because I won't share! THAT'S MY FOOD!

Replies

• princess0lexi
    princess0lexi Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    i can understand, i will not eat anything unless it has been measured or counted to the right amount
  • DezYaoified
    DezYaoified Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I understand. Its not the same but i have issues with people at work wanting to 'share' my food i bring in. I normally bring in enough that i can split my food in half and eat twice during my 8-10 hour shift.

But you know, im mean because i wont share.
  • Run4life375
    Run4life375 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I get it! I'm very protective of my food. Especially my stash of dried bananas.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I don't mind sharing just as long as their sample/bite isn't massive. Slightly less calories for me. That's okay.

One time, I made myself pasta salad for dinner. When dinner time rolled by, there was only half left even though I mentioned to everyone that it was my supper. I was NOT impressed. :(
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    This is one reason I'm so grateful for my husband. We have two toddlers and both frequently want extra food off a parent's plate. We cook enough food so that he can have a big serving then they're allowed to have some of daddy's if they want seconds - but mum's food is measured so they can't have it.

It might seem like a really little thing, but it's been awesome to have that support!

OP is not mean at all!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Taking food from my plate without asking is just rude even if it is not carefully portioned and weighed. I'd feel stabby.
    I'm okay with dh grabbing some of my popcorn though. So I guess it is okay for a snack but not a meal maybe?
  • lumenosis
    lumenosis Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Oh I snap, If it's counted and weighed don't even! You would think husband would have figured it out by now.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I've never been possessive of food, but after I've carefully weighed everything, I don't like sharing my plate either. I'm happy to make another for someone else, though!
  • ltoaa1
    ltoaa1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this, I thought I was the only one who would get mad when people took some of my food... It's not just taking. Just asking for some pisses me off. "Dude, I packed my own! Why didn't you do the same before coming out?!"
  • officials
    officials Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I used to mind a lot since I weighed it perfectly and I didn't want anyone interfering with my portion. Now, I don't mind anymore because it's just less calories for me! Also... sharing is caring.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Lol. I'm the same way. Before I lost weight, it was because I love food and wanted it all for myself. Today, it's because I love food and want it all for myself AND because it's already been logged.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    When I read the title of you post--this was all i could think about ... :lol:
    8109gnbda8af.gif

You beat me to it!
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I counted those calories, I'm eating those calories. Everyone knows don't touch my food ever. I've always been one of those people that don't want anyone touching my plate. My food, mine. Your food, yours. Simple