Easter & diet

Options
Is anyone else worried about sticking with their diet with Easter approaching?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    No.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    No, I'll log what I eat and make it fit my weekly calories.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    No. I'm spending it a lone so I'll just eat what I normally do. If I wasn't, I'd make a big plate of salad/veg and meat for dinner and just eat all the candy I want all day.
  • leonide79
    leonide79 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes... will be really hard
  • cforsyth617
    cforsyth617 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    yes, its my first big holiday since I started
  • cnurenasue
    cnurenasue Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes! I keep seeing spiced jelly beans (or as I like to call them, "crack nuggets") and it's really hard to not pick up a bag, for, you know... the kids.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Naw.. I'm bulking so it will be a free for all. But meh Easter meals are not really my favourite. Even if I was cutting it's one weekend, then I'd move on. If you can't handle/moderate all the candy give it away, freeze it or throw it out.
  • comeonnow142857
    comeonnow142857 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    No. I'll probably psmf over easter, back to chocolate in work on Tuesday!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    Nope ... I'm taking a diet break over the Easter long, long, long weekend. :)
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    No. I'll probably psmf over easter, back to chocolate in work on Tuesday!

:D
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Nope. Having my baked Mac and cheese. Cannot wait.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    nope. we dont do anything special on easter so its just another day for us
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Nope. We don't really celebrate it anyway. Ham, potatoes, and a vegetable. That's it.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I fast on Good Friday so usually end up under for the week (although I wouldn't care if I didn't -- I usually end up over on Christmas week) despite Easter feasting. It's just one day and for us not crazy. (I'm hoping to plan my menu today -- lamb will be included.)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person who doesn't like Easter egg chocolate? I'd rather a piece of normal chocolate... Cheaper and tastes better. And available any day of the year!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person who doesn't like Easter egg chocolate? I'd rather a piece of normal chocolate... Cheaper and tastes better. And available any day of the year!

And a *kitten* load more chocolate for your money :D
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

Not a big fan of chocolate period Lol :D
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

We don't eat that, I agree that it's not that great.

We do have a nice breakfast and then a family dinner involving lamb and spring veg and other holiday-like touches plus some sweets (I think I'm going to make lemon-lavender cupcakes, although I often do a pie). I'm sure someone will bring something chocolate-y.

If I do Easter Vigil mass on Saturday evening (usually do), they have a party after (it's around 10:30 or 11 pm) with lots of things that people are likely to have given up, but I never really eat a whole lot there, since I'm tired and it's not really usually things I find irresistible (if I drank that would be more of a temptation, but I don't).
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Nope. Having my baked Mac and cheese. Cannot wait.

We're making mac and cheese tonight. Now I'm looking forward to it even more!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    not really the big challenge will be not buying all the sweets when it goes on sale after Easter...