Is this that "runner's high' they talk about?

Options
alisha17m
alisha17m Posts: 73 Member
I just re-started c25k on Week 1 workout 1. I attempted it 2 weeks ago and got through it but my poor form and lack of fitness really threw out my hips and I've been unable to jog again until today.

As I was jogging for 60 seconds at a time, my legs were screaming at me to stop. I could feel a cramp forming in my calves and my thighs were burning like they were on fire. I could only focus on keeping moving until I heard that beep that told me it was time to walk. Somehow I made it through and heard the words I'd been waiting to hear - "cool down".

So after cooling down and stretching all I can think about is - damn that felt good, I want to go again!!!

I mean wtf? Me actually wanting to run? I'm calling it a NSV :)

Replies

• DaniiWanii
    DaniiWanii Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    It's amazing isn't it... just got back from my morning run! Happy Saturday people!
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good job!

I constantly experience the runner's high. I figure it's the point after you feel pain and difficulty in running but suddenly it stops and you feel like you could maintain the pace indefinitely :D
  • jdvrider
    jdvrider Posts: 4
    Options
    Nice work! I had the same thing happen this week, finally made myself do a full 5k on the treadmill. Granted it was all walking (briskly) but I normally just do 30 minutes and call it good. I was watching a TV show I was interested in so I just kept going. At about 40 minutes I wondered if I could actually make the 5k distance, then a few minutes later something just kicked in and I felt like I could keep going without a problem.

Now I just need to work on doing a 5k without it taking me 62 minutes! :)
  • xjlishey1
    xjlishey1 Posts: 286
    Options
    awsome...just reading this made me decide to jog instead of brisk walking...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!